Old 04-18-2019, 02:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Max Performance and Amazon

I've been ordering a lot of car parts from Amazon lately. The free shipping is hard to ignore, especially when I only need something like an air filter or head gasket.
Some of the 50+ year old Pontiac specific stuff available through them really surprised me and I've noticed that a couple of items came in 'The Parts Place' packaging.
Has PY/Ames/MaxPerformance considered selling through Amazon?

Old 05-24-2019, 09:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I can tell you doing biz with Amazon can be a looser for a company.My son company tried it and then cut them off.They killed him on returns.FWIW,Tom

Old 05-25-2019, 10:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I bought my Inline Tube exhaust system through Amazon. Saved $60 in shipping costs.

1968 GTO (Thanks Mom)
2006 Silverado
2007 Cadillac SRX
2015 Chevy Express

Old 05-25-2019, 06:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom s View Post
I can tell you doing biz with Amazon can be a looser for a company.My son company tried it and then cut them off.They killed him on returns.FWIW,Tom
Interesting. I know that Amazon is the first place I look for things nowadays because the shipping is such a great deal for me as a consumer. When I saw that The Parts Place was using them to sell classic Auto parts I wondered if maybe our host was not missing out on something, considering the huge number of complaints I see and hear about their shipping costs.

Old 05-27-2019, 07:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Good quality products have low returns / poor quality products is the opposite & the Co.s can not BS their way out & have to be responsible.

Old 05-27-2019, 12:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was concerned dealing with Inline Tube with such a large purchase and one of the reasons (besides saving on shipping costs) I bought through Amazon is their return policy.
I have to say though that I received everything within 10 days and the purchase and delivery went extremely smooth.

1968 GTO (Thanks Mom)
2006 Silverado
2007 Cadillac SRX
2015 Chevy Express

Old 06-01-2019, 01:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The only way I would buy anything from inline tube was thru amazon

Old 06-01-2019, 01:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I just ordered something from Eastwood through Amazon .. Free shipping as usual.

Old 06-06-2019, 03:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

One recent development with Amazon deliveries that I don't like.... People driving up in my yard in personal vehicles making deliveries. The other day, it was a young lady with two young children in the car. A little girl about 8~9 years old handed me my package while her little sister was in a booster seat in the back.

Old 06-14-2019, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Amazon is a whole different animal that ebay and other avenues.
Shipping does kill the consumer if offering free 2 day shipping, plus their cut on sales is more than ebay.

We sell small items on amazon but don't do PRIME because we couldn't afford to send a $20 part 2 day air because that just wouldn't make sense.

Also, a bunch of these Amazon listings are coming from an Amazon warehouse. The listing may say 'sold by Inline Tube' but it may be coming from a fulfillment center. FWIW.

Old 06-15-2019, 02:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I doubt they are stocking very many parts for '60s Pontiacs in local distribution centers. The stuff I got from TPP didn't show up in 48 hours and I did not expect it to...but still, it was pretty convenient. Especially since I was ordering a couple of other things that were not car related. One stop shopping and free shipping. It's hard to resist.

Old 06-15-2019, 08:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
One recent development with Amazon deliveries that I don't like.... People driving up in my yard in personal vehicles making deliveries. The other day, it was a young lady with two young children in the car. A little girl about 8~9 years old handed me my package while her little sister was in a booster seat in the back.
That is nuts but I'm not surprised.