Old 03-31-2022, 09:32 PM
Senior Chief

Question 70 Rear Window Stainless Fitment

I was wondering I could see some good pics of how well the rear window stainless fits the body at each of the lower corners.

If I remember correctly, the gap between the trim and body is fairly even but also that the trim doesn't sit nice and flush with the sheet metal, (the lower corners tend to stick up a bit).

I've has some window channel rust repaired and the trunk filler panel replaced. Unfortunately the body shop put the filler panel in crocked so I couldn't properly set the truck lid gaps. Now I've removed the filler so that I can set a new one in properly and while I'm in there I want to make sure the rear glass and trim fits as it should.

Thanks!

Old 04-02-2022, 10:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

trim should lay nice and flush even in the corners. I've heard that the repop filler panels screw that up. friend had that filler replaced and it really messed it up on his car with the trim sitting up so high it wouldn't catch the clips near the corners.

these are the only pics I could find in my files but this is all original and it lays completely flush along the bottom as well as corners and complete perimeter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P0005829.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	587845   Click image for larger version

Name:	P0005848.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	587846  

Old 04-04-2022, 09:05 AM
Senior Chief

Send a message via AIM to 1968firebird455

Great timing on this post. I too am doing rear quarters and deck filler panel on a 1971 T-37 and the aftermarket deck filler panel is pretty worthless. It needs to be flattened out to match the trunk lid contour and the window channel is way to shallow where it meets the quarters. I ended up buying a panel from a member here that was cut out of a car. I am trying the aftermarket rear window trim as well so I'll report back if that was a $200 mistake or not.