Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2005, 05:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I just spent the entire day with a pressure washer underneath the Tran Am. The entire original floors are still covered in their factory red oxide primer with white overspray. Not a speck of rust underneath the car (other than the trunk well but that is standard on any 2nd gen F-body). There was no undercoating so all I was removing was the years of road grime. Just amazing! I found the factory paint marks on the suspension pieces, the part number tags on the coil springs. Even the leaf springs had the part numbers still stenciled on them in white paint. Now I know how archaeologists feel when they unearth a new dinosaur. I will post some detail shots this week after I finish removing 33 years of grease, oil and tar from my entire body. My wife saw me coming near the house and locked the doors. She said that was the dirtiest she has ever seen me in the entire time she has known me. I wore a full rain suit (which is now in the garbage, but still managed to get my face hands and hair totally blackened.) -I looked like a West Virginia coal miner coming home from work!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sprayday1a.JPG
Views:	3701
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	17436  

The Following User Says Thank You to njsteve For This Useful Post: