THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-21-2018, 07:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
....and just so we are clear, you are saying in the game January 21, 2018 at Foxboro Stadium in New England - correct?

That's one tall order you have ahead of you. Just sayin.
Congrats to your Pats.

Just so we are clear, I did say the Jags would win. And they didn't. My bad.

Old 01-21-2018, 07:43 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Goatless, just the kind of response I expected. So 1 penalty for 10 yards vs. 6 for 98 yards is calling almost nothing? I guess so, if you're a Pats fan. Also calling Esiason a "Pats hating commentator" is a typical snide comment. The Patriots, and their fans, are the sorest winners in the sport.

----------------------------------------------------------

2004 Grand Prix GT daily driver
1974 LeMans GT 455
Old 01-21-2018, 07:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My TV almost made a high velocity emergency exit at the nearest window, but thankfully it didn't come to that.

Go PATS!

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
Old 01-21-2018, 07:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiacdaver View Post
Goatless, just the kind of response I expected. So 1 penalty for 10 yards vs. 6 for 98 yards is calling almost nothing? I guess so, if you're a Pats fan. Also calling Esiason a "Pats hating commentator" is a typical snide comment. The Patriots, and their fans, are the sorest winners in the sport.
Yes, I'm saying that 7 combined flags in the entire game is "almost nothing". They overlooked all of the minor infractions and let them play the game. The ones they called were legit.

Not a sore winner- you're the one that came on and said that the refs were playing for the Pats.

1979 Trans Am 400, 4-speed, 4 wheel disc.

View from the drivers seat racing down Atco Raceway- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhYDMdOEC7A

Ride along in the other lane-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIzgpLtF_uw
Old 01-21-2018, 08:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

People mistake a disciplined team as a team who gets calls in their favor.

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
Old 01-21-2018, 08:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The PI in the first half was a bad call. I don't like the rule that resulted in the flag on the hit to Gronk but no argument with the call. I thought the late PI call was suspect. But every game has those calls, I think the Jags could have won anyway. My group thought the fumble should have been reversed and only stood cause the Jags got the call in the first place.

But I thought this pic was funny, not sour grapes. Only posting as humor. I believe the Jags showed they have a quality team. They silenced a lot of critics. And I don't know if Gillette is normally that quiet, but I was pretty convinced a lot of Pats fans had reason to think they were going down today, they were pretty quiet once the Jags went ahead and stayed that way til the Jags final misfire.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pats.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	473265  

Old 01-21-2018, 08:33 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatless View Post
Yes, I'm saying that 7 combined flags in the entire game is "almost nothing". They overlooked all of the minor infractions and let them play the game. The ones they called were legit.

Not a sore winner- you're the one that came on and said that the refs were playing for the Pats.
I also came on and said I respected them as a team.

You're right, 7 penalties is low. But a 1 to 6 ratio isn't. And it seems to be the rule rather than the exception in most of their games.

As for the sore winner, I stand by your snarky comment about Esiason as proving my point.

1974 LeMans GT 455

Last edited by Pontiacdaver; 01-21-2018 at 08:40 PM.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:36 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V. View Post
The PI in the first half was a bad call. I don't like the rule that resulted in the flag on the hit to Gronk but no argument with the call. I thought the late PI call was suspect. But every game has those calls, I think the Jags could have won anyway. My group thought the fumble should have been reversed and only stood cause the Jags got the call in the first place.

But I thought this pic was funny, not sour grapes. Only posting as humor. I believe the Jags showed they have a quality team. They silenced a lot of critics. And I don't know if Gillette is normally that quiet, but I was pretty convinced a lot of Pats fans had reason to think they were going down today, they were pretty quiet once the Jags went ahead and stayed that way til the Jags final misfire.
Thanks John,

I'm guessing you are not in the New England area?

1974 LeMans GT 455
Old 01-21-2018, 08:38 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72projectbird View Post
People mistake a disciplined team as a team who gets calls in their favor.
People also mistake professional sports as being played with complete parity.

1974 LeMans GT 455
Old 01-21-2018, 09:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I'm guessing you are not in the New England area?
Jacksonville Florida area

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 01-21-2018, 09:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The better team won - who's next?

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 01-21-2018, 09:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Jacksonville was lucky there weren't more - there was a lot of unsportsmanlike conduct on that field once it became obvious how the game was going to play out.

BTW - Saying you grudgingly respect them as a team doesn't acquit you of the fanciful claims that followed.

Old 01-21-2018, 09:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Congrats to your Pats.

Just so we are clear, I did say the Jags would win. And they didn't. My bad.
Props - you took that standing up.

Quote:

There was a lot of time during this game where it could have gone another way and half time looked bleak. But like I said earlier in this thread, the Pats play the whole game and where other teams may wear down and their play may fall off with injuries and energy, the Pats play on. Down by 7 in the 4th with your top receiver in the locker room, Brady will still pull it out.

Old 01-21-2018, 10:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Gilmore redeemed himself today

Old 01-21-2018, 10:22 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
The better team won - who's next?
Looks like the Eagles.

Old 01-21-2018, 10:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Fantastic game. Love those Jaguars they really have a lot going for them. But separate the noise on the internet and all you have left is a team that won a good game. It sure looked at one point like it may have gone either way. It got quiet there for a while, too. But Brady pulled it together again. Always a pleasure to see the come from behind win.

Old 01-21-2018, 11:37 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Jacksonville was lucky there weren't more - there was a lot of unsportsmanlike conduct on that field once it became obvious how the game was going to play out.

BTW - Saying you grudgingly respect them as a team doesn't acquit you of the fanciful claims that followed.
Chris,

What "fanciful claims" did I make?

It's a fact there were only 7 penalties called, and 6 of them were against the Jaguars. That any team is "disciplined" enough to only commit 1 penalty in an entire game is as ridiculous as your claim of unsportsman-like conduct not being called against the Jags. The outcome of the game wasn't even a forgone conclusion until late in the 4th quarter. Calling a commentator a "Patriots hating whiner" is a snide, sore winner-type comment, which your above claim smacks of too. The only "claim" I made is it seems calls that could go either way, seem to go their way. And it's a only claim because I don't care enough to actually check.

-Dave

1974 LeMans GT 455
Old 01-22-2018, 08:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Not a Patriots fan, but I have to grudgingly respect them as a team. They get it done when it's a close game.
If there is a questionable inequality, it's the consistent lopsided foul calls. I mean, what team only commits 1 foul the whole game? And it always seems (to my eyes, and often the sportscasters), the calls (or non calls) go the Patriots way, every game.
You Pats fans can hate on me, I don't care, but it seems they really don't need to have the refs insure they win.
Quote:
Chris,

What "fanciful claims" did I make?

It's a fact there were only 7 penalties called, and 6 of them were against the Jaguars. That any team is "disciplined" enough to only commit 1 penalty in an entire game is as ridiculous as your claim of unsportsman-like conduct not being called against the Jags. The outcome of the game wasn't even a forgone conclusion until late in the 4th quarter. Calling a commentator a "Patriots hating whiner" is a snide, sore winner-type comment, which your above claim smacks of too. The only "claim" I made is it seems calls that could go either way, seem to go their way. And it's a only claim because I don't care enough to actually check.

-Dave
You allege there is a conspiracy afoot where the refs are guaranteeing the win - THAT is your fanciful claim! It is baseless, unsupported and grossly untrue!

Since you are such a learned fan and astute viewer, I'm certain you can go play by play and tell us exactly which players on which play should have received penalties....but you won't because you can't. Truth is the Patriots ARE a team that is so disciplined that they can receive only 1 penalty in a game. It is that discipline that allows them to win repeatedly and set the records they have. You may choose to disagree because you cannot stomach the alternative but it is the truth and both their play & their record supports it.

To also deny that the Jaguars were pushing, shoving and s**t talking their way into fights at the end of the game is laughable as well. I was texting with a photographer friend of mine on the field all through the game who told me exactly what was going on. It didn't get a lot of air time and the refs quickly broke things up, but the Jaguars were poor losers and were letting the Patriots know it!

Lastly, don't confuse my statements and Jeremy's as the same or expect us not to defend a team we follow against your baseless unsupported claims. Barry Church was a gentleman in the locker room after the game explaining his contact with Gronkowski - you should be here as well.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekheavy View Post
Looks like the Eagles.
This will be a good game!

Old 01-22-2018, 08:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior