THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-23-2018, 03:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The Jags did have a great defence, but how do you defend against a guy that just absolutely refuses to give up.? Being down two or three scores is nothing to him. Here's looking forward to a great game. We're doing the usual super layered Nachos with about 10 lbs of guacamole to start and then on to Chilli and cornbread. And beer, lots of beer.

Old 01-23-2018, 04:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiacdaver View Post
First of all, I didn't claim to be an learned and astute viewer, but I suspect you aren't anymore so than I am.
As for the hit on Gronkowski, I hate to see any player get hit like that but football is a contact sport, and I don't believe it was a dirty hit.
You can choose to believe your team is so disciplined that they could go a whole game with one 1 penalty, but that's BS. If they wanted to, the refs could probably call holding or some other infraction on most every play of every game on either side of the ball. To imply they play so much cleaner than any other team is ludicrous. If your team is SO DISCIPLINED, why have they been scrutinized for cheating twice in recent memory? Now before you get yourself all worked up and start blathering about how they are so good, everyone is trying to find ways to take them down, I believe EVERY team seeks any advantage, legal or not, that they can get by with, INCLUDING the Patriots. What is laughable is you aren't offering anything more supportive than your opinion.
My point is this: No matter what team you are a fan of team, your opinion is naturally biased, and you know as well as I do (if you can be honest with yourself), if they hadn't made the questionable call of overturning the fumble, there most likely would have been a different outcome.
And I still stand by my opinion that the most arrogant, blustery fans I have encountered are Patriots fans.
I'm not offering anything to your argument from ignorance other than opinion? I don't have to. You argue that since I can't prove your fanciful tale is false that it must be true......no, that doesn't work. All you have done is show your bias, your insecurity, your opinion and your hatred, but no proof. Your argument is all over the internet, another mouth making noise, suppositions without any basis for proof. One year the NFL is taking the team down, the next they are delivering them to the end zone?

You get an F for effort and for content - work harder.

I'm not sure if someone said it here or if I read it elsewhere but the jist of it was - two teams went into the locker room at half time one knowing they had to change how they were playing and the other thinking they didn't need to change a thing. Patriots do that every single week whether they are winning or loosing at half time.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978

Last edited by The Boss; 01-23-2018 at 04:31 PM.
Old 01-23-2018, 05:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
I'm not offering anything to your argument from ignorance other than opinion? I don't have to. You argue that since I can't prove your fanciful tale is false that it must be true......no, that doesn't work. All you have done is show your bias, your insecurity, your opinion and your hatred, but no proof. Your argument is all over the internet, another mouth making noise, suppositions without any basis for proof. One year the NFL is taking the team down, the next they are delivering them to the end zone?

You get an F for effort and for content - work harder.

I'm not sure if someone said it here or if I read it elsewhere but the jist of it was - two teams went into the locker room at half time one knowing they had to change how they were playing and the other thinking they didn't need to change a thing. Patriots do that every single week whether they are winning or loosing at half time.
Thank you for confirming your arrogance as a Patriots fan, and for offering nothing more than your own biased, self-entitled opinion, which makes it no better than mine or anyone else's. Apparently we both get an F. Bias and opinion I'll give you, as for reading insecurity and hatred into my comments, that is just your arrogance shining through. Professional sports have become "entertainment" rather than competition anyway.

----------------------------------------------------------

2004 Grand Prix GT daily driver
1974 LeMans GT 455

Last edited by Pontiacdaver; 01-23-2018 at 06:05 PM.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Thank you for confirming your arrogance as a Patriots fan, and for offering nothing more than your own biased, self-entitled opinion, which makes it no better than mine or anyone else's. Apparently we both get an F. Bias and opinion I'll give you, as for reading insecurity and hatred into my comments, that is just your arrogance shining through. Professional sports have become "entertainment" rather than competition anyway.
So you believed the report that balls were under inflated right?

Old 01-23-2018, 09:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Allright Pontiacdaver and Boss, I’ll play referee here, break it up or I’ll throw a flag on Pontiacdaver! Lol

Old 01-23-2018, 10:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Some people believe, well, what they want to believe.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	conspiracy-theories-everywhere.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	473478  

Old 01-23-2018, 11:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey Boss.....Haters are gonna Hate ! And being a Colts fan is a whole nuther problem.....

Old 01-24-2018, 07:06 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSLCAH View Post
Hey Boss.....Haters are gonna Hate ! And being a Colts fan is a whole nuther problem.....
You're right, it probably is if you're a Colts fan, which I am not..

1974 LeMans GT 455
Old 01-24-2018, 07:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

And no one is going to comment on the "glue" being used to hold the tape on Brady as really being a rosin so he could apply it to his fingertips for better control of the ball?

Old 01-24-2018, 07:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Like most, when you can't win an argument you begin to personally insult the opponent....can't win on the field or the forums huh?

I don't have to disprove your fanciful tale - the game has been played the Patriots won, you provide nothing here but wasted page space.

Here's one for you - Lets suppose a team comes into the most important game of their career against an air intense offense and with 2 minutes left in the 1st half takes out the #1 receiver they couldn't cover leaving him with a concussion. They draw the penalty but 15 yards is nothing compared to what they would have expected him to gain against them. Then in the second half they go after #2 and Jacks takes down Amendola not once but twice, in the end zone, AFTER THE WHISTLE, one being a tackle but one being a complete off the ground BODY SLAM - No flags get thrown! Who had the refs on their side?

Old 01-24-2018, 07:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Held for Ransom View Post
And no one is going to comment on the "glue" being used to hold the tape on Brady as really being a rosin so he could apply it to his fingertips for better control of the ball?

Old 01-24-2018, 09:33 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_GTO View Post
So you believed the report that balls were under inflated right?
Doesn't matter what I think, apparently the NFL did though.

1974 LeMans GT 455

Last edited by Pontiacdaver; 01-24-2018 at 09:48 AM.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:48 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Like most, when you can't win an argument you begin to personally insult the opponent....can't win on the field or the forums huh?

I don't have to disprove your fanciful tale - the game has been played the Patriots won, you provide nothing here but wasted page space.

Here's one for you - Lets suppose a team comes into the most important game of their career against an air intense offense and with 2 minutes left in the 1st half takes out the #1 receiver they couldn't cover leaving him with a concussion. They draw the penalty but 15 yards is nothing compared to what they would have expected him to gain against them. Then in the second half they go after #2 and Jacks takes down Amendola not once but twice, in the end zone, AFTER THE WHISTLE, one being a tackle but one being a complete off the ground BODY SLAM - No flags get thrown! Who had the refs on their side?
Wow, you take this s**t WAY too seriously, I hardly consider you an "opponent", nor do I feel like I need to "win" anything from you. Even if I could prove everything, you'd still dispute it, so why waste the effort?

1974 LeMans GT 455

Last edited by Pontiacdaver; 01-24-2018 at 10:16 AM.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Wow, you take this s**t WAY too seriously, I hardly consider you an "opponent", although I believe you started making it personal.
Now I'm disappointed - when faced with a real argument with real facts you fold?

That's fine, you had become boorish & pedestrian anyways - time to move on.

Old 01-24-2018, 10:32 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_GTO View Post
Have you been paying attention the last 17 years? It's like this every year. They are a disciplined team. Go look at where they ranked in team penalties since 2003. They're in the top 10 for fewest on avg in those years.

As far as that fumble. The ref's didn't know it was a fumble until he came up with the ball. There is a good description of the rule out there somewhere. I saw it on Facebook yesterday.

Cheating twice in recent memory? LOL....yea you're from Indy so I can see why you think so.

Go to a Eagles game and a Patriots game in each of their home stadiums and see how you're treated in each. There is ZERO comparison.
I am from Indy, and proud of it. I am not, however, a Colts fan. My favorite team isn't even relevant here.

Saw it on Facebook, eh? Must be true then.

And the arrogance I refer to is displayed in places like this forum.

1974 LeMans GT 455
Old 01-24-2018, 10:41 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Now I'm disappointed - when faced with a real argument with real facts you fold?

That's fine, you had become boorish & pedestrian anyways - time to move on.
I'm not folding, just have more important things to do than trifle with you. By the number of posts you have made in 2 years less than I've been a member, you must have nothing better to do than sit behind your keyboard and take potshots at anyone who has a different opinion.

1974 LeMans GT 455

Last edited by Pontiacdaver; 01-24-2018 at 10:46 AM.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I'm not folding, just have more important things to do than trifle with you. By the number of posts you have made in 2 years less than I've been a member, you must have nothing better to do than sit behind your keyboard and take potshots at anyone who has a different opinion.
You're almost done - a red rubber nose & the floppy shoes will complete the outfit. Don't forget your bag of glitter on the way out.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:01 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
You're almost done - a red rubber nose & the floppy shoes will complete the outfit. Don't forget your bag of glitter on the way out.
Why?!?! So I can join you in your career in fast food? (Drops mic, and walks away)

1974 LeMans GT 455

Last edited by Pontiacdaver; 01-24-2018 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Why?!?! So I can join you in your career in fast food? (Drops mic, and walks away)

Old 01-24-2018, 01:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Held for Ransom View Post
Oh God, you guys just don't quit.

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National