THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 11-14-2018, 09:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default THE best french fries Ive ever had..

I was in South Dakota for work..tired, wanted something fast and easy... googled fast food..and Burger Time popped up...it was close..so off i went

NEVER have i had french fries of this caliber..OH MY GOD....I dont know the secret, but I will be back..I ate every fry before I even thought about the rest..couldn't stop..hot and crispy, buttery in the middle...and just enough salt to be perfect..i was digging in the bag, looking for strays like a mad man....just couldnt get enough..and truthfully...I am not a big FF fan..i can take them or leave them usually...but WOW

I also got a Mushroom&Swiss...a DrPepper and an apple pie...the whole meal was under 7 bux..i figured the burger would be small like a hockey puck...

WRONG...it was larger than a Whopper, and 2x as thick..and had real mushrooms....the cheese was runny and gooey, and was so good...

the apple pie was OK, but is what we call a turnover..fair to good.. i would never buy another though

wow..if you are a burger and fry guy..THIS is the spot..small..cheesy building..clean and neat..showing some age..and not a Hipster in sight...a true hidden gem...cant wait to go back...

http://www.itsburgertime.com/

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 11-14-2018, 10:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Awesome!! What dude don't like that!!!

Old 11-14-2018, 10:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks like they have a store about 60 miles west of me in Richmond Indiana, I'll have to try them out next time I'm over there.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 11-14-2018, 10:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've never heard of them but they have some stores here, too. May have to check them out one of these days.

Old 11-14-2018, 10:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I love finding stray fries in the bottom of the bag ...... yes!

1) 65 GTO Survivor. 43,440 Original Miles. “Factory” Mayfair Maize Paint with Black Pinstripe, Black Cordova Top, Black Interior, OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Purchased from the Lady that bought it new. Baltimore Built (11A).
2) 66 GTO Survivor. “Factory” Cameo Ivory Paint with Red Pinstripe, Red Interior. OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Tri-Power (OEM Vacuum Linkage), Automatic "YR" code (1759 Produced). Fremont Built (01B), with the Rare 614 Option.
Old 11-14-2018, 11:56 PM
Suspended

Gotta say I'm jealous.. we have stuff like In 'n Out here, but it's not really a traditional big burger, and I'm not thrilled about their fries.. it's also more expensive. Burgers are good though.

There aren't enough good old fashioned big juicy burger joints around here.

Old 11-15-2018, 08:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I typically don't eat fast food unless travelling and want to get back on the road quickly. For sure it's nice to get away from the typical "chain" stores and be nicely rewarded with a good product at a reasonable price. Looks like they are a small outfit at the moment and nothing too close to our area but I'll keep them in mind when I do some travelling out West.......Cliff

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),
Old 11-15-2018, 08:59 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

We'll have to check them out next trip to Indy. Best fries I've had is from Thrasher's on the boardwalk in Ocean City Maryland.

Old 11-15-2018, 10:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

SR 71 beat me to it. Thrashers on the boardwalk in OC MD started years ago using peanut oil to cook their fries. They are legendary in and around our state for their taste. All they sell is fries and just about anytime of the day there will be a very long line. Pour some vinegar on top and its a delicacy. I have done a lot of traveling around the country by motorcycle and we always try to eat at local joints. We were in Lynchburg TN, touring the JD distillery. There was a little lunch counter that had JD in a spray bottle to mist on the fries. Funny thing is the county is dry and you cant buy the booze but they were ok using it as a condiment.

Old 11-15-2018, 10:30 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I think we need to start a "Must eat at places" thread so when traveling we can stop in. My wife and I love hitting up little Mom & Pop places and for her ones that have real home made pies.

Old 11-15-2018, 11:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

There's several restaurant's in Oklahoma City and surrounding area, named Louie's. Sports bar type of eatery. Their fries are thin cut, and awesome! Not sure if this franchise is in other states...

LOL, Cliff, when do you have time to travel???

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 11-15-2018, 11:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'll have a Dr. Pepper & a Diablo sandwich

Still have my 1st Firebird
7th Firebird
57 Starchief
Old 11-15-2018, 12:10 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 694.1 View Post
I'll have a Dr. Pepper & a Diablo sandwich
Back when you could get a couple cheeseburgers and a glass of iced tea for a dollar and a half

Old 11-15-2018, 12:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Oh thanks Marx. Keep it all to your self out there will ya. Not fair at all! That's two things we can't get here.. a good burger and really good fries. I hope you get so much snow you can't get that to the joint until next summer.

Just kidding. Next time you have back there, have a burger and fries for me.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 11-15-2018, 12:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

McDonald's French fries used to be excellent--until they changed the cooking oil about 5 years ago. They're edible when hot, but as they cool, not so much!! In our area of the country, Culver's French fries are among my favorites.

'64 GTO Tripower Hardtop (Wife's Car)
'64 GTO Tripower Post Coupe (My Car)
'99 Bonneville SE Sedan
Old 11-15-2018, 01:03 PM

Fries at Steak and Shake and at 5 Guys are my favorites.

Old 11-15-2018, 01:04 PM
Suspended

I like 5 Guys fries. Reminds me of the ones you get at a county fair.

Old 11-15-2018, 01:22 PM
Suspended

Five Guys is good stuff all around. I usually get their fries with VERY light cajun seasoning.. just enough to give them a little extra flavor, without making them too spicy. And their burgers are sooo good. Definitely on the pricier side though.

Old 11-15-2018, 01:27 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Darn, I was just in Richmond last Sunday. Saw the place, but my son wanted to go to Frickers, someone he knows said the wings are the best ever. The food was good, but not great. I will definitely have to try Burger Time the next time.
-Dave

----------------------------------------------------------

2004 Grand Prix GT daily driver
1974 LeMans GT 455
Old 11-15-2018, 07:02 PM
Senior Chief

For Burgers and Fries Five Guys is probably the best in my area.