THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 03-15-2024, 09:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Everyone OK out there?

Rough day and night for Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and Arkansas. All the really severe weather tracked north and east of us, but it looks like central IN and central OH got slammed. All you guys in these areas OK?

Dr. Thomas Sowell
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hurryinhoosier62 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2024, 11:36 AM
Senior Chief

One of the tornado's touched down in Willard, Oh. ,about 30 miles west of me but all we had here was wind & 1-2 inches of rain.

I was blessed to come home from the west coast yesterday morning as I drove right through the areas where the worst of it hit before it did! . Our hearts go out to the families of those killed & those that lost their homes last night

God Bless
Bill
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...closed.614419/

Bills' Auto Works Est 1983 & still going strong!

1955 Chevy Altered W.B. Gasser
1955 Nash Ambassador Custom Lemans
1957 Chieftan 2dr HT
1964 Grand Prix
1966 Catalina Conv. 421
1966 Ambassador DPL 2dr HT
1966 Ambassador Cust. 2 DR HT
1967 Marlin
1967 Toronado
1973 Nova Full Chassis Car
1992 Jag XJS Conv
1992 Jag XJS Coupe
2007 Cad XLR-V Supercharged Roadster
The Following User Says Thank You to Bills Auto Works For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2024, 01:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hanover/Madison was hit.
I lived there briefly in the late 70s
I hope everyone came out of this.
We can replace property but lives are another story

The Following User Says Thank You to Cammer-6 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2024, 01:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills Auto Works View Post
One of the tornado's touched down in Willard, Oh. ,about 30 miles west of me but all we had here was wind & 1-2 inches of rain.

I was blessed to come home from the west coast yesterday morning as I drove right through the areas where the worst of it hit before it did! . Our hearts go out to the families of those killed & those that lost their homes last night

God Bless
Bill
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...closed.614419/
Madison, Vevay and Winchester, IN got hit hard, but Winchester took the brunt of the storm that passed through there. There is video of the tornado that hit Milton, KY crossing the Ohio to Madison. We had wind, rain, lightning and thunder until around 2:00AM EDT this morning.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
The Following User Says Thank You to hurryinhoosier62 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2024, 03:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

At about 10:30 last night, I sat on my back porch, and watched the lightening that was roughly 10 miles north of our house. They talked about lightening strikes numbering into the thousands along the path of the storms. Looking north the sky was constantly lit up with lightening for at least an hour. In all my years I have never seen lightening bolts hitting one right after the other like last night. It looked like watching an aerial display of fireworks from a long distance.

We had some rain, and light winds here, but parts of Ohio and Indiana were very hard hit last night. From the news, it looks like 6 people between the 2 states were killed during the storms. Prayers go out to the less fortunate.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

The Following User Says Thank You to Sirrotica For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2024, 08:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
At about 10:30 last night, I sat on my back porch, and watched the lightening that was roughly 10 miles north of our house. They talked about lightening strikes numbering into the thousands along the path of the storms. Looking north the sky was constantly lit up with lightening for at least an hour. In all my years I have never seen lightening bolts hitting one right after the other like last night. It looked like watching an aerial display of fireworks from a long distance.

We had some rain, and light winds here, but parts of Ohio and Indiana were very hard hit last night. From the news, it looks like 6 people between the 2 states were killed during the storms. Prayers go out to the less fortunate.
Same here, Brad; godawful lightning and torrential rain but little wind. Kept me and the pups awake until around 2:00AM

Dr. Thomas Sowell