Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 03-29-2013, 09:36 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hey Bart, I saw you sold the GTO, is the new owner on here? And have you done anything else to the Tempest?

Old 01-06-2017, 02:56 PM

B Man, love this build and always like to reference your comments and knowledge when planning my own build. I just recently replaced my body mount with horrible reproductions from OPGi. I believe they are the same as good mark etc. Anyways, the did not fit the farm holes and needed to be trimmed a little. They are all in now, but felling like there may have been a better solution. I noticed you used poly mounts for this build, can you comment on fit and included hardware? The hardware in the OPGi kit was also way off.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Old 01-07-2017, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramair455ca View Post
B Man, love this build and always like to reference your comments and knowledge when planning my own build. I just recently replaced my body mount with horrible reproductions from OPGi. I believe they are the same as good mark etc. Anyways, the did not fit the farm holes and needed to be trimmed a little. They are all in now, but felling like there may have been a better solution. I noticed you used poly mounts for this build, can you comment on fit and included hardware? The hardware in the OPGi kit was also way off.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
I purchased the urethane mount kit I used from Performance Years, Energy Suspension was the maker of the kit.

From what I can remember the bolts supplied in the kit were not the correct length. I was able to reuse the original bolts since they were all still in good shape, but I did use the new flat washers supplied in the kit. The bushings themselves fit fine with no modifications.

Thank for the kind words, I'm glad you found my writings to be helpful and informative.

Old 01-09-2017, 02:19 PM
Senior Chief

BMan.. sweet set up. I keep looking at this stuff and trying to figure out how come it doesn't include a coil-over front set up. Do you have any opinion on that? I watch those auto-cross competitions and it seems everyone is running a coil-over kit. Is that an option with these components?