Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2021, 11:15 AM
Senior Chief

Default Fan shroud hitting hood on 70 Lemans with GTO hood

My radiator fan shroud is hitting the hood at the hood brace on my lemans. I am looking to lower the radiator fan shroud top to create enough clearance. By looking the only solution I see is to cut the fan shroud and remove two small pieces and plastic weld together. Here are the facts of my problem. I could post a more pictures but it does not show the issue well and the description may be better. Picture is of place I would cut and reweld and also where it is rubbing.

Factory fan shroud with original radiator tanks with a higher capacity core, all factory mounting
Clearance from bottom of shroud to fan is 1/2"
Clearance from top of fan shroud to fan is 2 1/2"
Fan shroud bolts to top of radiator support and more or less sets the height of the round part of the shroud.
I did contact Ames and the tech department did an outstanding job helping me confirm that I have the "correct" fan shroud with some pictures with measurements

Thanks for any solutions or different shroud that may help my problem.
Paul
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2249.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	563255   Click image for larger version

Name:	radiator shroud cut spots.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	563256   Click image for larger version

Name:	Radiator shroud rub.jpg