Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2021, 11:29 PM
Senior Chief

Default Molotow Liquid “Spray” Chrome?

Got around to doing some testing tonight…

I like the Molotow Liquid Chrome pens for bezels and fine line trim areas, but it isn’t good beyond pen width. I like the 4mm, but honestly if you’re doing a long trim line you better be perfect and steady and also hope the pen doesn’t drip too much chrome onto the tip. Running the side or shaft of the pen tip is good up to almost 1/4”. Making a second pass to cover a wider area leaves obvious “brush” strokes.

I played around tonight on some of my dash and glovebox material. It’s not great by any means so it was a good starting point. The original “chrome” on it was all but just the shiny black base that’s left behind.

I learned a lot about how this stuff likes to be sprayed. I’ll test more, but it doesn’t seem to care about needing a black base or light coat like many of the premium spray chromes. The pens unscrew to be refilled, so loading it up in my gun was simple. I couldn’t find my airbrushes but that may have helped. Closest thing I could find was my LPH-80 mini (micro?) gun.

Here are some pics of my test piece. This is my second attempt made tonight:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	16F6CBAF-7D7E-4C5D-AA54-68508D04A896.jpg
Views:	765
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	575037   Click image for larger version

Name:	71457078-3353-4F44-8918-7C395C697E47.jpg
Views:	786
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	575038  

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Entropy11 For This Useful Post: