Old 10-21-2021, 12:17 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 66 rear brake line clip

Attached photos show where rear brake line runs across front face of rear cross member. White arrow shows where I have placed clip to retain brake line to cross member. Is this the correct style clip? Do I have it in the correct hole?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	28659E3A-D713-4302-9F57-C0B1705EAA5C.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	575683   Click image for larger version

Name:	5BAA5058-7989-4E07-AE9E-BE51E3149A1D.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	575684  

Old 10-21-2021, 10:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes, that is the correct style clip. On my Pontiac, MI built '66, the clip was in the hole on the left rather than the right when I disassembled it for restoration. Honestly, I don't think it matters either way, and I wouldn't be surprised if you saw it in either location from the same factory.

As a side note, for the larger diameter hole that is underneath the two smaller holes, my frame has those larger holes located directly inboard of the smaller two holes rather than underneath them as is the case with yours. Interesting to see the differences in frames for the same year.

1966 Pontiac GTO (restoration thread)
1998 BMW 328is (track rat)
2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited (daily)
View my photos: Caught in the Wild