Interior TECH Upholstery, Carpet, Dash, Headliner...

Old 11-01-2021, 01:10 PM

Default back seat removal 67 GTO

I'm trying to remove the back seat (bottom) and having trouble.

I also have a 65 Mustang and in that car, just pull up on the bottom front edge and it pops out.

Same for a 67 GTO? I've tried pulling up but nothing...and don't want to pull too hard and break something.

Old 11-01-2021, 02:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You have to push down/back on the seat bottom to get it to un lock from the hook on the floor pan. It's easier if the front seats are out. With the front seats out, I have sit down in the floor pan and used my feet to push back on the seat to get it to un lock from the floor pan. It is certainly doable with the front seats in. It just takes some force to un lock the seat from the floor pan hook.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG954214.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	576740  

Old 11-01-2021, 03:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Two people can do it pretty easy with the front seats in ... sit on the rocker panels facing backwards and each person put a foot on the lower edge of the back seat as far inboard as they can and push. remember to allow it to come up an inch or so when it goes back ... so it can clear the "hook" shown in John's photo.