Old 11-07-2021, 10:19 AM

Wowowow car looks amazing! Killer garage setup too

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=808474
The Following User Says Thank You to sjdiesel For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2021, 08:19 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Beautiful! Top notch!!!

73 TA 4 spd #'s match red/white - "STOLEN" AT TERRY SPEAR's SHOP IN Columbia TN ~mid 2014
Last offical pic of the car can been seen here:
http://clubs.hemmings.com/pontiactn/...%20-%20rev.pdf
People have seen it posted FS on Craigs List back in late 2013 early 2014....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO ABOUT IT PLEASE CONTACT ME!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to cdoggy81 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2021, 04:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

PDC,

I finally found the thread for the new '73. In a word "WOW"! Great car. I'm happy you finally got it. Looks awesome.

Don't let the LS comments get you down. They wish they had a car as nice as yours. Hopefully, maybe one day I will get to see this car in person.

Something tells me since winter time is upon us, you will be spending a lot of time in the garage just looking at this beauty.

Love the car and enjoy it.

Jim

Old 11-25-2021, 10:02 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by napster View Post
PDC,

I finally found the thread for the new '73. In a word "WOW"! Great car. I'm happy you finally got it. Looks awesome.

Don't let the LS comments get you down. They wish they had a car as nice as yours. Hopefully, maybe one day I will get to see this car in person.

Something tells me since winter time is upon us, you will be spending a lot of time in the garage just looking at this beauty.

Love the car and enjoy it.

Jim
Jim, thank you so much! Yes, she turned out better than I had imagined. The black with the Platinum SE style graphics just look incredible. Both of my previous 73s had full Hotchkis pieces: shocks, springs, sway bars, SF connectors and handled extremely well. But moving up to the DSE front subframe and rear Q-link is just night and day. This thing corners dead flat at any speed I’ve been daring enough to try. And the big Baer brakes haul her down like you dropped an anchor.

The power this car puts out is ridiculous. And she is going in Monday for an LPE snout, 2.6 pulley, reinforced bricks and a tune. Stock is 638 and the snout and pulley from LPE should be worth 710 at the crank. With headers and 3” catless exhaust, she should hit 725 (hard to improve on the factory manifolds and exhaust on this engine.)

Very few folks had negative things to say about this build - but (of course) they just couldn’t help themselves. Oh well. I look at this car sitting in the garage and I hear the sound it makes on cold start, and I could not be happier.

Very eager to get her in and out of the local shop with a full clean bill of health. We’re seeing high 50*s and low 60* all week next week. Praying for a few more days like that before old man winter officially settles in here in the heartland!

Thank you again - you were very supportive of this move last year when I started this journey. I appreciate it very much.