Old 01-09-2009, 04:33 PM

Wink Atlantic City Feb Auction

I'm going to the Atlantic City Auction and see that they have 2 Judges listed. Has anyone seen or know any helpful information about this one? Says it earned 2008 GTO Association Gold Concours Award.

http://www.acclassicweb.com/listing/detail.asp?Key=35

There is also going to be a convertible auctioned. It will be interesting to see what they go for in this market.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Suspended

i have not seen a concours gold certificate like that.the 2 i have gotten were mounted on a wood plaque and sealed.2006-2007

Old 01-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Atlantic City was never really a good auction to gauge market value.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70ram4 View Post
Atlantic City was never really a good auction to gauge market value.
Why is that?

Old 01-09-2009, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsgtos2 View Post
i have not seen a concours gold certificate like that.the 2 i have gotten were mounted on a wood plaque and sealed.2006-2007
Whats your opinion of the restoration details in those pictures?

Old 01-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Interesting car. That's the first time I've seen a gold cad plated a/c reciever drier on a GTO. Also never have seen a red stripe on the top coolant hose before. Not saying this is incorrect or anything, just wondering out loud if this is the way its supposed to be. All the pics I have of ac driers from GTOs are silver. Otherwise, what a nice car. I personally love the black 1970 Ram Air IV coming up for bid in Russo Steeles auction later this month. I think someone on the forum owns it.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigborehunter View Post
Interesting car. That's the first time I've seen a gold cad plated a/c reciever drier on a GTO. Also never have seen a red stripe on the top coolant hose before. Not saying this is incorrect or anything, just wondering out loud if this is the way its supposed to be. All the pics I have of ac driers from GTOs are silver. Otherwise, what a nice car. I personally love the black 1970 Ram Air IV coming up for bid in Russo Steeles auction later this month. I think someone on the forum owns it.
Is that the black auto 70 RAIV with the blue interior?

Scott

Old 01-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

It's black with dog dish hubcaps, some dark interior I didn't notice the color. Its listed and theres a pic on Russo Steeles auction site. the minute I saw the car it rang a bell. Someone has it on their avatar.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:57 PM

I don't mean to nit pick this car but is the wood steering look too dark or is it just the way the pictures show?Just a thought but it is a real nice car...

Old 01-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Same one. Nice car, but will be quite expensive, especially in this market.

Scott

Old 01-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Suspended

you cant judge a car by pictures,but it is a very good looking car from what i can see.