WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 Interior Tech

04-06 Interior Tech Everything that goes on inside the GTO. Dash related, Upholstery related, Console related, etc.

Old 03-22-2004, 06:17 PM

I regret to report a technical problem with my '04 GTO. It has happened twice. When I first started the car and drove off, the needles on all the gauges "floated" aimlessly from rail to rail. I immediately pulled over, turned off the ignition to "reboot" the electronics, and then everything was fine.

The dealer is going to look at the car on Friday. Being in the electronics industry myself, I can say this is the most difficult kind of problem to find... a problem that is rare and intermittant.

Have any other '04 owners seen this kind of problem?
Old 03-22-2004, 06:17 PM

I regret to report a technical problem with my '04 GTO. It has happened twice. When I first started the car and drove off, the needles on all the gauges "floated" aimlessly from rail to rail. I immediately pulled over, turned off the ignition to "reboot" the electronics, and then everything was fine.

The dealer is going to look at the car on Friday. Being in the electronics industry myself, I can say this is the most difficult kind of problem to find... a problem that is rare and intermittant.

Have any other '04 owners seen this kind of problem?
Old 03-23-2004, 03:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I wouldn't worry about it much. Some 99-00 F-bodies had that kind of problem when it would get real cold at night.

And there are not enough GTO owners here to answer your questions. I will direct you to www.ls1gto.com
Old 03-23-2004, 04:47 AM

Thanks for the link, Mr_GTO. It turns out that others have seen this problem, too. There are a few other "quirks" about the car that others are reporting. Good to know the things I've observed are not unique to my vehicle, and none of the "quirks" are show stoppers. Thanks for helping.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

So far my car hasn't had any issues other than some paint defects which were caused by unloading the car when it arrived at the dealership. They were taken care of promptly by my dealer.

www.musclecarsgalore.com
www.nikivee.com
[www.reverbnation.com/nikivee

1967 Pontiac GTO
1967 Pontiac Grand Prix
1972 Pontiac Lemans Sport Convertible
2015 Dodge Challenger ScatPack 392, 6 speed
2017 Ford Explorer AWD
Old 03-25-2004, 06:18 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

sometimes my friends trans am tach wouldnt work then would have to turn the car off then back on and they would be fine