THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 04-11-2021, 09:44 PM

Default Whacko weather

One day it’s near 80 now they’re calling for possible wet snow this week? April is a crazy month for sure. Any others having weird weather where you live?

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
The Following User Says Thank You to Firedup6975 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2021, 10:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

They now have what the meteorologists refer to here as a "weather day" whenever they expect bad weather. So far this year they are 0 for 8. We did have a frost on Easter weekend that did some damage to my azaleas but everything else made it.

Old 04-11-2021, 11:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

3-4 weeks of not bad weather, 40* low. last week we hit 25*f at night 3 nights in a row, so more salt on the roads. CRAP.
Next week we are supposed to be in the 70's. But no driving the car due to too much salt on the roads.

Old 04-12-2021, 06:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I think the Poet once said 'April is the cruelest month....'

Old 04-12-2021, 07:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Overall, we've had an extremely mild winter. Having widely fluctuating temperatures in April is normal - and with our mild winter - seeing the fluctuations was expected.

I have refrained from dropping the snow blower from my Husqvarna so far, even though my grass is greening up. I don't want to be caught without a way to deal with snow if we get some.

I still remember the May 2nd blizzard we had locally back in 2013 - 18" of extremely heavy wet snow. I had traded in my old Husqvarna tractor and purchased my Husqvarna AWD articulating rider, but had decided to wait until the fall to purchase the 42" blower to go with it. I was supposed to be working in Mason City, IA that day, left home at 6:30 AM, got 15 minutes from home before realizing that I wasn't going to make it. Took me an hour and a half to make it home. My driveway is 150' long. I shoveled just enough to get my company car off the road and decided that the rest of the snow was going to melt...

Having said that, I got my first round of golf in last Monday and I was wearing shorts. It's currently 42 degrees outside and I'm going to the MN Wild hockey game tonight.

Old 04-12-2021, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemans64 View Post
3-4 weeks of not bad weather, 40* low. last week we hit 25*f at night 3 nights in a row, so more salt on the roads. CRAP.
Next week we are supposed to be in the 70's. But no driving the car due to too much salt on the roads.

We’ve had a lot of very high wind days, and rain like never before so all the salt and cinders are gone off of the roads. Looking forward to my first show of the year on April 25th. April is always an un predictable month but weather patterns are really off balance more and more every year.

1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

Old 04-12-2021, 04:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I saw a few flakes of snow here this morning for about 10 seconds, but it was enough for me. Saw snow flurries last Thursday the 8th... 3 different times in the early morning from my house in New Castle up to Yorklyn, DE.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 04-12-2021, 05:17 PM
Senior Chief

I like how the weather channel does their "millions of Americans affected" with all of their dire weather predictions. If you believed them you would think the world is ending all of the time. They seem to love the drama. We had a normal winter here in south east Michigan. Normal amount of snow but maybe a little warmer. This spring so far has been great.

Old 04-12-2021, 06:57 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry455 View Post
I like how the weather channel does their "millions of Americans affected" with all of their dire weather predictions. If you believed them you would think the world is ending all of the time. They seem to love the drama. We had a normal winter here in south east Michigan. Normal amount of snow but maybe a little warmer. This spring so far has been great.
"Drama" should be WC's middle name. How many times have we seen fat Al Roker on the beach, struggling against a 15 mph breeze while predicting a 50' storm surge is right around the corner?

Old 04-12-2021, 07:00 PM

Quote:

Mike always races to the TV to listen to the weather, I wait to see what it’s doing when I wake up in the morning. He claims he has to get his jobs set up ahead of time according to the weather reports, like ordering cement, heavy equipment drillers etc. He is the Supervisor for an Industrial Construction Co.

1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

Old 04-12-2021, 07:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Planted 7 Sweet Basils, and now Coldness is predicted

Old 04-12-2021, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Inch Stud View Post
Planted 7 Sweet Basils, and now Coldness is predicted

Cover it with a couple old towels or blankets

1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

Old 04-13-2021, 10:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I like how the weather channel does their "millions of Americans affected" with all of their dire weather predictions.
It's not just the weather channel.

I refer to the weather people as the "weather terrorists".

Seems they're always predicting a snownami or a rainmaggedon and you end up with a flurry or a drizzle instead.

They are so afraid of not predicting the big one that they always seem to predict the big one.

Old 04-13-2021, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
It's not just the weather channel.

I refer to the weather people as the "weather terrorists".

Seems they're always predicting a snownami or a rainmaggedon and you end up with a flurry or a drizzle instead.

They are so afraid of not predicting the big one that they always seem to predict the big one.

The Philadelphia stations spent 2 million on the Doppler Radar for accurate weather reporting. what a joke!! Big waste of money!!

1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA