Old Yesterday, 11:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

29 pound - got it. I should probably know this!

Old Today, 05:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I agree on the new seat foams that it is a bad idea. I deeply regret ever changing mine out because it makes you sit up too high in the car. I'm a tall person and with the new foams the top rail on the windshield is in my line of sight. I have original foams in my 70 Chevelle SS and the seats sit way way lower like they are supposed to. As a future project I'm going to put original foams back in the front seats on my car. The seat back foams also cause you to sit too
close to the steering wheel........I despise them.

Old Today, 06:22 PM

Were they ACI brand?
I can't remember if it was this board or the gtoforum where an interior guy posted that ACI were good and he had installed many. He also had experience with the other brands.
I guarantee the guy I use will get them right and have the sitting height they way they are supposed to be.

2019 BMW 440ix - Twin turbo I6, 8spd auto. PHOTO
Old Today, 07:56 PM

Default Did some work with the stripping disc today

Done with using the discs. Next I will blast the undersides, door jambs and anywhere else that wasn't practical to use the disc on. Everywhere that I did use the disc will get sanded with 80 grit on a D/A before priming.

The metal looks really good.
No surprises other than a so-called body man drilled 3 holes in the passenger door to hold his filler skim coat to a couple of small door dings.

A few hail dings in the hood but good other than that:

Just need a good day for an outside blasting session soon. There's rain in the forecast for the next several days so it may be awhile.

2019 BMW 440ix - Twin turbo I6, 8spd auto. PHOTO