Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 12-29-2020, 08:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Rotor help needed

Ok, i had 11" rotors on my 66 Gto, but found out they were "B" body spindles, so i have the parts switch to go back to stock...............im thinking all i need to do is get new rotors and calipers, think i need Timken Set 2 and Set 6 bearings...........looked up on the wheel seal and it says i need the Timken 8705 wheel seal, this is where im confused on the seal i took out it says Timken 8871..........which looks like for a 69 camaro.??

Wondering if anyone has recently replaced the rotors with the 69-72 "A" body stuff, are these the correct numbers i should be getting.................if not could you direct me in the right direction.

Thanks

Rich

Old 12-31-2020, 11:02 AM

Timken 8705S is the correct front seals. This is what I used on my 66 with the later A body front disc setup.

Old 12-31-2020, 11:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

What spindles are you going to use?

Old 12-31-2020, 08:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks GTO TEX, thats what i will get.

Scarebird, i did have the "B" spindles on the car, switched everything over to the "A" body stuff..............have a good new year guys.

Rich

Old 02-04-2021, 09:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Far as I'm concerned--and not everyone will agree--you were better-off with the B-body steering knuckle. (Assuming this is the "Tall Spindle"-style disc brake conversion.)

WHICH "B-body" is this from?

Old 02-05-2021, 06:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schurkey View Post
Far as I'm concerned--and not everyone will agree--you were better-off with the B-body steering knuckle. (Assuming this is the "Tall Spindle"-style disc brake conversion.)

WHICH "B-body" is this from?
Schurkey, really not sure what i had, but it was from a "B" body...........i have since switched to a "A" body deal, with spc uppers and umi lowers arms..........a long story but that is what i have............hoping this all works. lol

Rich