THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 04-08-2021, 12:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief of the 60's View Post
All I got to say is...… Special treatment
Naw, it can't be

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
Old 04-08-2021, 12:31 PM

Anyone watch the documentary on HBO about Tiger? It is an interesting glimpse into his life. His father was in special forces and played mind games on Tiger and basically forced him to play golf. It has all the elements of modern day tragedy, set your mind to accomplish and master a sport. Conquer that mountain top and then what to do next, where is does the next rush come from. Tiger has actually trained with special forces when he was injured to keep that adrenaline rush. Lets just say Tiger indulged in all life has to offer and just seems to struggle for a purpose in his life. I think he did not want to be like his father but ended up doing the same mistakes his father made. Great golfer not that I like golf but his personal life is a mess. I also did not realize Jack Nicholson was/is probably the greatest golfer to ever live. Oops I meant Jack Nicklaus, I told you didnt know that much about golf

Last edited by ta6point6; 04-08-2021 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-08-2021, 01:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yep, does look like there was some special treatment there. Although legally I'm not sure if they can site you for excessive speed after the fact, with no witness or camera involved. Specially if there were no personal injuries but your own.

Say one afternoon you are driving along, run off the road, hit a tree. No witnesses, no injury to anyone else, what is the likelihood they are going to write you a ticket days later for speeding? For the average guy there probably would never be more than a cursory investigation on the scene. Officer would say excessive speed was involved, but no LEO witness, no radar gun. So the report would say excessive speed was likely the cause of the accident for the report, but there most likely would be no ticket issued.

They might send you a bill for any damage to state property, and the report to your insurance company is going to site excessive speed as a likely cause. But I think that's about it. I think for the average guy they would say dumb-azz was going too fast, ran off the road and that would be the end of it without even an investigation.

The only special treatment I see, and it's a pretty big one is no toxicology report. Good chance Joe Average would have been tested. Although that gets complicated after the fact, hospitals can very easily deny access to hospital taken blood samples. A good lawyer would ask for a warrant for the sample, to get the warrant you'd have to prove probable intoxication based on evidence at the scene. Obviously you can't administer a drunk driving test to a guy that's torn up in the accident, you can't take a blood sample on scene from someone that might be dying on the scene. You can ASK the hospital to take a sample and provide it, but LOTS of hospitals won't do that when a person is injured as they become liable.

Things COMPLETELY change if another person is injured, now you are investigating a possible CRIME. Much easier to get a blood sample when a possible crime has been committed.

My guess is that a very good lawyer showed up at the hospital about the same time that Woods did.

Last edited by dataway; 04-08-2021 at 01:43 PM.
Old 04-08-2021, 06:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I’ve driven that stretch of road several times, and you’ve got to be completely out of your mind to try it at 85 mph in a borrowed Hyundai suv.

Old 04-08-2021, 06:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My honest take away is: He has proven multiple times he is a terrible driver. Shame on the tournament for even giving him a car to drive unless they expected this result. With all his millions, he can hire a driver to take him anywhere he ever wants to go in any car he chooses to ride in. That would be my strong recommendation. Or possibly, if he insists to keep driving poorly, a mandatory performance driving school for him. You would think with the geometry and skill set it takes to put that tiny ball in a small hole, he would actually be a good driver. Guess not in his case.

Old 04-08-2021, 07:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hehehe .. very true.

Old 04-08-2021, 10:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hyundai got plenty of free publicity. Just like Cadillac when his wife chased him with the golf club. As I remember, that car was even had General Motors on the title.

Old 04-08-2021, 11:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The next car they loan to Tiger
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	beater2.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	564343  

Old 04-09-2021, 11:18 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4zpeed View Post
Thing is, if it was Joe Shmo, nobody would give a rats azz. I don't get it, that's all I seen on the news for a solid week.

Hope he don't get a case of gas, everyone will want to know when and how much he farts, including a stink rating...

Frank
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverthom707 View Post
Hope he don't get a case of gas, everyone will want to know when and how much he farts, including a stink rating...
Hey! I know your knew round here, but If your gonna steel a line, hit that like button, we got manners an chit bruh...

We ain't got that Tiger Woods Royalty thingy go'in on.

Frank

Old 04-10-2021, 11:54 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The latest: He was initially "disoriented and combative." Of course he might have had a concussion. Also there was an empty unlabeled pill bottle in his back pack. For some reason, I don't feel like a nobody would have been treated the same way.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...t-pill-bottle/

"Villanueva emphasized that Woods’s crash, in which the golfer suffered severe injuries including a fractured right leg, was “purely an accident.” Even before the investigation concluded, he said there was no evidence suggesting a charge such as reckless driving was warranted. Though data from the car’s “black box” showed that Woods was traveling up to 87 MPH in a 45 MPH zone at the time of the accident, he was not cited for speeding."

"This isn’t Woods's first brush with traffic law. In 2017, a police officer found Woods asleep behind the wheel of his car on a road in his Florida neighborhood. “Woods stated that he did not know where he was,” according to a police report, and a urine test showed he had five medications including Vicodin and Ambien in his system. He entered a diversion program and avoided a DUI conviction."

He thought he was in Florida after the accident...

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id...llision-report

"Deputy Kyle Sullivan interviewed Woods while the laceration on his chin was being stitched by doctors at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center in Torrance, California. Sullivan wrote in his report that Woods did not remember being involved in a traffic collision" and "thought he was currently in the state of Florida."

"Due to Woods' injuries, he was unable to perform sobriety tests and found no alcoholic beverages, odor of alcoholic beverages or prescription medications in the SUV. There was an empty pill bottle with no labeling found in the front pocket of a backpack in the SUV, according to a supplemental report."

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400
Old 04-11-2021, 03:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Too many people would lose too much money if Tiger took a hit for this and his marketability suffered. Simple as that, folks. Punish Tiger appropriately and fairly, and you lose billions of dollars in products, promotions, taxes paid, salaries paid, careers made/maintained. Overlook it as a no-fault 'whoops' and the money train chugs happily along. Same with our politics in this country now...it has nothing with doing the right thing or justice, it is all about money and staying in power and control.

Old 04-11-2021, 08:36 PM

He was lucky this time......he may not be the next time, and hope he doesn’t take innocent lives with him. And IMO he will do this again.

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl