The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 03-20-2021, 07:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Quarter window/window felt install order

Hello,

I'm at the point where I need to get the quarter windows/regulators installed so I can finish up with rear seat panels, etc.

Was watching some videos on quarter window replacement and some mentioned that the window felt should be installed while the window is out and before installing the new glass, while some mentioned doing it later.

What is considered best practice? My goal is to have the least hassle getting the glass and regulators installed with least chance of scratching new paint

Also, I have seen 3 different methods of getting glass out of car, and all 3 worked and had various levels of PITA to them:

-loosen everything, remove all stops, remove all bolts, then remove window regulator while holding glass and track then pulling out glass and track together (this method looks ugliest, most chance of scratched paint and other drama from parts flopping around)

-loosen everything, remove "UP" stop only, remove window regulator first, then remove remaining bolts and then glass and track as one unit through the window opening

-loosen top 2 bolts for in/out glass adjustment, remove regulator, then pull glass upwards and off track (leaving track installed in car).

I have to install everything but if installing track first, then glass, then regulator is the best practice I'll try that. What do you guys prefer to do?

Thanks for the help!

Oshawa built 1 option Judge basket case. 463, SD KRE 295's, CNC'd factory intake, Cliff's Qjet, Stump Puller HR cam, RARE RA manifolds, Pypes exhaust, T56 Magnum, McLeod RXT clutch, 3.42 12 bolt. 24 year project almost done...
Old 03-20-2021, 11:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I replaced felts with window in and went well. Had to drop the lower stop to get window down enough to install felt, but not hard to do.

The Following User Says Thank You to tjs72lemans For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2021, 11:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjs72lemans View Post
I replaced felts with window in and went well. Had to drop the lower stop to get window down enough to install felt, but not hard to do.
Much appreciated. My preference would be to install them after glass and mechanism are in place, so good to to know it can be done later.

Oshawa built 1 option Judge basket case. 463, SD KRE 295's, CNC'd factory intake, Cliff's Qjet, Stump Puller HR cam, RARE RA manifolds, Pypes exhaust, T56 Magnum, McLeod RXT clutch, 3.42 12 bolt. 24 year project almost done...