The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 03-28-2021, 12:15 PM
Senior Chief

Default Special Order Paint Code

I have a '66 GTO 389 Tripower 4 spd with the original engine and transmission. I'm the 3rd owner of the car and it has a special order paint code.

I've touched on this subject a few years ago but now that it's about ready to shoot the paint I'm questioning my decision to stay with the original Tiger Gold color. it has a black interior.

This is simply a matter of opinion I'm looking for, the PHS documentation only says special order and I talked to them and there is no way to determine the original color by the documents. so would you return it to the original Tiger Gold or pick something different that would have been available in 1966 ? I have no plans to sell this car but obviously I don't want to destroy the value by doing something dumb.

Old 03-28-2021, 10:18 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I plan to paint my ‘66 convertible clone one of the 66 special colors when I get to that point. Personally I don’t care for TG that much and would go with something different in your case. That being said, it’s not my car/$ and I don’t have to live with it.

Old 03-28-2021, 10:30 PM
Senior Chief

I don't care for TG at all in it's correct form it's too brown and blah. so what I'm thinking is if I change the color to make it look better is that not worse than going to another color that could be correct.

Old 03-28-2021, 10:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not looking to sell it..... = Make it what you want....

400HO / TKX 3.27 1ST GEAR-.72OD / 3.36 POSI
HOTCHKIS/UMI/BILSTEIN
Old 03-29-2021, 10:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

A tiny bit of orange pearl can wake up TG and not look too flamboyant.