THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 04-13-2021, 04:15 AM

Default Anyone from Red Deer Alberta?

Hi everyone, I was wondering if someone could recommend a decend repair shop or a DIY shop in the Red Deer area ?

Ill be flying in and picking up a 91 Camaro that's been sitting for 2 years behind a barn, and want to drive it back east... I know I know...

I love challenges...That said a decent place where I could go through the car and replace what needs love before hitting the road would be great!

Thank you!
Peter

Old 04-13-2021, 06:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That sounds like a great trip to me.

Old 04-13-2021, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN2PLS2 View Post
That sounds like a great trip to me.
I buy cars far far away for that reason, I love road tripping and meeting great people.

Old 04-14-2021, 08:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Same here. I've been to Kentucky and Missouri to pick up cars. Trailered, though. I'd say you might be up for an adventure. But what's life without a little adventure? I drove straight from Edmonton to Toronto. 43 hours. I was 23. Doubt I could do that again. That was in my trusty '74 Duster with the slant 6.

Old 04-14-2021, 09:00 PM

I do it all the time, the last one was in Boise Idaho , so I took my dog and my truck and left Montreal for Florida, then drove all the southern states to California, stopping in each National Park along the way, then spend some time surfing in California and finally left San Francisco for Idaho.

Then towed that little Jeep all the way back to Montreal, but had to stop in Bonneville, and Toledo Ohio so the Jeep could shee its birthplace...I know I'm weird but I like it.

I have one car waiting for me in Washington State, one in Red Deer and another one in Saskatchewan... I collect cars for the stories they tell and the people who owned them.

The farther the better , I even buy stuff in Europe but thats another bag of problems, lol

Old 04-15-2021, 03:46 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Get a hold of Rich Guidos , he lives in Red Deer and is a member on this form under the handle" guidos"

1968 Firebird Race Car,525 CU IAll looking for low 10 second passes!
1970 442, # Matching 455, 4 Speed W-25 hood
Old 04-15-2021, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slgenge View Post
Get a hold of Rich Guidos , he lives in Red Deer and is a member on this form under the handle" guidos"
Will do thank you very much!