Old 05-13-2019, 07:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 200CI Pontiac

Thought I'd share this with your 4 banger guys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55PEj8OPEJA

Old 06-12-2019, 12:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drag Star Le Mans View Post
Thought I'd share this with your 4 banger guys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55PEj8OPEJA
Love it, wonder what the spec's are on this little monster.

GT.

Old 06-13-2019, 04:03 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well as you can see it's a rev happy little beast. My good friend built this and I don't clearly remember what his intentions were. He changed his mind and went a different direction. I posted it up for sale here and a few other places and got no bites. We talked it over and I ended up buying it.
So it is currently set up to run on pump gas with 9-1 comp. Ross pistons, (have extra 12-1 pistons for alcohol and pills) Total seal rings, Brooks rods. Crane 1.65 roller rocker, Crower solid lifters, Cams specs out with .574 lift in. .615 ex. I want to say this was a V8 blank ground to spec? Hilborn injection (SBC with adapter to Pontiac head) and pump, ATI balancer, super starter and Mallery dual point dist. Round port E-head, I think Dave Bischop ported it?
I joined here several years ago after buying a 62 LeMans and found half of a Weiand Drag Star 6/2 manifold shortly after. Hence my Drag Star Le Mans name. I'm hoping to buy back the 62 and build a drag car with this engine. Maybe even take it to the salt flats and have some fun?