Old 02-24-2021, 11:24 AM

Default Back to Ram Air

Hello, I asked in Street Forum but got no answer. Here is the link
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=847981
Somebody knows if the original Ram Air setup, wants to work with Torker II intake manifold and Venom (Holley) carburetor. I come from Germany and it is not cheap to buy parts, I also have to pay customs, shipping to Germany and EU taxes and then it may not work.
Buying the original intake and carburetor is too much for me.
Thanks Ivo

Old 02-24-2021, 11:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have found the HSD is the best single plane with RA pans.Tom

Old 02-24-2021, 02:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default We've done this several times in the past. It depends on a combination of things.

Sie haben ein Problem damit, dass der Torker II größer als der Vorrat ist.

Der Schaum wird wahrscheinlich genug zerkleinert, um zu arbeiten, aber der Luftfilterdeckel wird wahrscheinlich die Haubenwanne berühren.

Die Aufnahme von Holley Street Dominator würde das beheben. Oder verwenden Sie anstelle des Venom einen serienmäßigen Gusseiseneinlass mit einem Holley-Vergaser mit ausgebreiteter Bohrung.

Sie müssen sicherstellen, dass Sie die untere Pfanne des Stauluftsystems im Stil von 1970 verwenden, da diese die Unebenheiten aufweist, um die Einstellschrauben der Holley-Schwimmerkammer zu entfernen. Die Pfanne von 1969 tut dies nicht, obwohl einige der Reproduktionen Beulen in beiden enthalten.

Die beste Reproduktion ist dieses Setup:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-OR-197...m590114a401:g: ukQAAOSwSrNaFHQE

Hier sind Bilder, die den Unterschied zwischen den Versionen von 1969 und 1970 zeigen.

Wenn Sie bereits die werksseitigen Stauluftteile von 1970 haben, wird der Holley durch die untere Pfanne gereinigt, solange er Unebenheiten aufweist. Oder Sie können nur die untere Reproduktionspfanne mit den Unebenheiten kaufen.

Viel Glück!

You will have an issue with the Torker II being taller than stock.

The foam will probably get crushed enough to work, but the air cleaner lid will probably touch the hood pan.

The Holley Street Dominator intake would fix that. Or use a stock cast-iron intake with a Holley spread-bore carb instead of the Venom.

You'll need to make sure you use the 1970-style ram air system's lower pan, as it has the bumps to clear the Holley float bowl adjusting screws. The 1969 pan does not, although some of the reproductions put bumps in both.

The best reproduction is this setup:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-OR-197...QAAOSwSrNaFHQE

Here are pics showing the difference between 1969 and 1970 versions.

If you already have the factory 1970 ram air parts, the lower pan will clear the Holley so long as it has the bumps. Or you can buy just the reproduction lower pan with the bumps.

Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1969 factory RAIV pan.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	561497   Click image for larger version

Name:	1970 factory RAIV pan.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	561498  

Old 02-24-2021, 04:18 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Just looked at your original post - disregard the above.

Wenn Sie versuchen, den Stauluftfilter im Stil von 1971-2 mit TII und Venom zu verwenden, trifft er die Haubenplatte.

Kaufen Sie einen originalen Quadrajet-Einlass und tauschen Sie Ihren Vergaser aus oder verwenden Sie den Holley Street Dominator, um die richtige Höhe zu erreichen.

Ich denke auch nicht, dass der Luftfilter im Stil von 1971-2 auf Ihr Venom passt, da er wahrscheinlich keine Unebenheiten aufweist.

If you try to use the 1971-2 style ram air cleaner with TII and Venom, the top of the air cleaner WILL hit the hood plate.

Find an original quadrajet intake and swap out your carb to a spread-bore Holley or use the Holley Street Dominator to get the height right.

I also don't think that the 1971-2 style air cleaner will fit on your Venom, as I'm pretty sure that it does not have the bumps.