Old 01-26-2021, 09:46 AM

Default Throttle cable bracket difference

Is there a difference between the the 2bbl and 4 bbl brackets on 71 400's?

Thanks Mark

Old 01-26-2021, 10:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes, the '67-71 4 bbl throttle cable bracket is stamped differently than same year 2 bbl bracket & will needed to be replaced if swapping from 2bbl to 4bbl.. 4 bbl throttle cables are also a different length. From a true restoration point of view, original '70-71 4 bbl throttle cable brackets are stamped A G P which stands for the Pontiac product lines they were installed on. Reproduction throttle brackets are avail, originals which have been glass beeded & replated are also avail, but more money.

Old 01-26-2021, 10:59 AM

That is the info I needed!!. The bracket that came with the motor just does not seem right and that is what made me wonder. I will pick up the correct bracket so my Q Jet will function the way it is supposed to.

Thanks again ol Pinion Head

Mark