Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default shifter knob..2 weeks n still waiting

i order a shifter knob from PY, is being 2 weeks and i havent received it yet, does it take a month or more for this guys to ship a small item, defenetely will not buy from...-10 points in my list

Old 03-02-2012, 07:24 AM

Give them a call. I placed a small order a couple of weeks ago, online on a Sunday, they called me on Monday, I had everything before the end of the week.
I have always had good luck with PY.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

If the item is out of stock/backordered there is very little they can do. Did you check to see if it was in stock when you ordered?

The reproduction market is not the same as other products. Most items are made in small runs by small companies. Occasionally stock gets depleted before another run is made and this can lead to shortages, sometimes across the industry. Sometimes it's just a small supplier that is slow to ship- all PY can do is wait... just like you.

1979 Trans Am 400, 4-speed, 4 wheel disc.

View from the drivers seat racing down Atco Raceway- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhYDMdOEC7A

Ride along in the other lane-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIzgpLtF_uw
Old 03-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default talk to a human

pet peeve of mine: this happened to me a bunch of times; mostly OPG and Year One.
you order a part and wait around a month and then call and say " where is my part?".
they say " oh yeah, ...we dont have that part."

THEY HAD NO PROBLEM TAKING YOUR MONEY.
THEY LISTED THE PART IN THE CATOLOG.
YOU HAVE TO CALL AND ASK "WHERE"S MY PART?"

I never use the online ordering just for this reason. cant tell you how many times i've been screwed useing online or mail in.
talk to a human.
find out if they actually have the part IN STOCK before ordering.
DONT FALL FOR "it'll be coming in next week"; if they dont have it, dont order it.
this does happen sometimes at PY.
THIS HAPPENS CONSTANTLY AT OPG.

i waited months for parts from opg. they actually went as far as telling me " we never had that part, i dont know why its in the catalog"
it would be nice if a supplier would call you back and say the part is not available.
"we dont have time for that"- but they have time to take your money.
py is still the best tho.

sorry just venting...

Last edited by F ROCK; 03-02-2012 at 10:09 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatless View Post
If the item is out of stock/backordered there is very little they can do. Did you check to see if it was in stock when you ordered?

The reproduction market is not the same as other products. Most items are made in small runs by small companies. Occasionally stock gets depleted before another run is made and this can lead to shortages, sometimes across the industry. Sometimes it's just a small supplier that is slow to ship- all PY can do is wait... just like you.
I agree I ordered some parts last week but I have not called to see if they were in. My car isn't leaving the garage before may anyways so Im not in a rush to get them. But it is better to talk to someone to double check to see if the part is in or not. If it isn't then you could be waiting its not always py's fault. That have to wait just as much if its not a popular part that is made plus waiting on the manufacturer of the part to be shipped to py.

1968 lemans :In progress!
1970 Bonneville 455 HO convertible (survivor)sold
1969 firebird
Old 03-02-2012, 10:17 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69FIREBIRD76MM View Post
i order a shifter knob from PY, is being 2 weeks and i havent received it yet, does it take a month or more for this guys to ship a small item, defenetely will not buy from...-10 points in my list
Sorry for the delay. Do you happen to have your order # or what is your name?

I will look into why it has taken so long right away for you.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I RECEIVE A EMAIL--THEIR RESPONSE WAS..! "WE HAD COMPUTER PROBLEMS" AND MANY ORDERS DIDNT GO THRU, I KNOW THINGS LIKE THIS HAPPEN, BUT I MEAN COME ON, IF YOU RUN A BUSINESS. YOU GOT TO BE ONTOP OF EVERYTHING, UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS WILL BUY SOMEWHERE ELSE...I HAD BOUGHT PARTS FROM OPG..BUT SINCE THEY ARE LOCAL, I NEVER HAD PROBLEMS WITH THEM, ALSO WITH CLASSIC INDUSTRIES....ILL KEEP MY BUSINESS ON THE WEST COAST BETTER...

Old 03-02-2012, 11:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

STOP YELLING! Turn off your caps lock!

I've never had a problem with Performance Years & their customer service is better than most out there!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 03-02-2012, 11:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default TURN OFF MY CAPS???

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
STOP YELLING! Turn off your caps lock!

I've never had a problem with Performance Years & their customer service is better than most out there!
YOU DONT NEED TO READ MY POST...LOL

Old 03-03-2012, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69FIREBIRD76MM View Post
I RECEIVE A EMAIL--THEIR RESPONSE WAS..! "WE HAD COMPUTER PROBLEMS" AND MANY ORDERS DIDNT GO THRU, I KNOW THINGS LIKE THIS HAPPEN, BUT I MEAN COME ON, IF YOU RUN A BUSINESS. YOU GOT TO BE ONTOP OF EVERYTHING, UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS WILL BUY SOMEWHERE ELSE...I HAD BOUGHT PARTS FROM OPG..BUT SINCE THEY ARE LOCAL, I NEVER HAD PROBLEMS WITH THEM, ALSO WITH CLASSIC INDUSTRIES....ILL KEEP MY BUSINESS ON THE WEST COAST BETTER...
Again, sorry for the delay and inconvenience. We did have printer problems. As soon as you let us know, we looked into the problem, got it fixed, and your order shipped out. You should have it early next week.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default knob

It's not like you ordered a Keisler Trans and have been waiting for months lol.
I've bought from PY online, at various events and even in person in their Hatfield warehouse. Always great customer service as far as I'm concerned. Give them a chance I'm sure they will correct it.

Last edited by nytrainer; 03-03-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just to let you guys know... I got the new OPG 2012 catalog in this past week. These guys are freeking insane! Their prices have gone thru the roof. And if you buy 66 GTO bucket seat covers from them, you get what you pay for.... crap. Design Industries is the only vendor they get them from, and they are nowhere near correct.

PY and Ames are still the best to get parts from. Even with an occasional glitch on orders, you can't beat PY for prices or service.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:16 PM

Two thumbs up for PY! Have always had great service and these days, so many folks are not stocking parts, it is great to have a supplier like PY stock parts for your 45 yr old ride. The chain parts stores around here are having trouble stocking common parts for a 5 yr old car. Last time I asked for set of spark plugs for a 68 GTO, I got 2 questions. 1.) who makes that car? 2.) is that a 6 or 8 cylinder? The look of disgust came over the skilled parts guy next to him.