Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 05-29-2000, 02:37 PM

Just got done wasting $300.00 and the headers
trying to make them fit on my 67 lemans convt. Heating and bending tubes with finess is not my bag I guess the hammer did'nt help either. My best suggestion for anyone is(as I will do) forget the headers and just shell out the money for a set of HO/RA factory mainfold's and goes 2 1/2 or 3 in pipes with a X or H cross flow and a good set of hipo
mufflers. Or go thru what I experienced.

disgusted in Colorado.

Old 05-29-2000, 02:37 PM

Just got done wasting $300.00 and the headers
trying to make them fit on my 67 lemans convt. Heating and bending tubes with finess is not my bag I guess the hammer did'nt help either. My best suggestion for anyone is(as I will do) forget the headers and just shell out the money for a set of HO/RA factory mainfold's and goes 2 1/2 or 3 in pipes with a X or H cross flow and a good set of hipo
mufflers. Or go thru what I experienced.

disgusted in Colorado.

Old 07-06-2000, 11:28 PM
Suspended

Whoa! Slow down there, High Speed. How about providing some useful information for us? Such as what header manufacturer/application we may wish to avoid?

Thank you largely.

Old 07-07-2000, 09:12 PM

Yes, please post brand, the post sounds like someone retailing exhaust manifolds. THX!

Old 07-10-2000, 11:03 AM

Guy's I know, I know, I should have posted the brand, I bought them used, but they had never been bolted up, so they were like new advertised by an individual that stated they were purchased from Warrior Pontiac in Michigan and had been ceramic coated and they fit a 67 GTO, no Modification required except moving the brake line junction bolck to the top of the frame, which I did. I still have them as a reminder, but my problem is that there are no part #'s or any identification on them. I looked at the collectors and see no identifiable marks that would indicate the manufacturer or type.
I will try to research a little more and update the posting. Also I only stated Warrior Pontiac due to the information I was provided and in no way would I defame a reputable business as I'm really not sure at this point where they came from. I can tell you they are 4 tube style headers and there was clearance problems with the lower control arms, starter( mcloed mini starter)and passenger side upper control arm. I was installing them with the body off the frame and still had problems lowering the motor into the motor mounts. I have purchased a set of headers that are advertized on the PYBB and am awaiting their arrival.