Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

68_fbird, I got you mixed up with the original poster, 67Firebird.

67Firebird was talking about buying GE. GE is a fine company, but there is a lot of risk in buying anything right now. I think the next week will be critical to see how things unfold.

Mike

Old 02-21-2009, 09:02 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Gotcha! Agreed...

'73 Ventura, Spotts 462 roller
10.785 @ 122.79, 1.507 60 ft
2850 lbs. plus driver, 3150 race weight

'69 Firebird Convertible, Spotts 455 with long branches
12.561 @ 107.62, best on old 455
4290 race weight

'72 Formula 455 HO
numbers matching auto, work in progress!
Old 02-22-2009, 10:48 PM
Senior Chief

I think I would steer clear of the market right now. I would not consider stocks a bargain right now because the bottom has not appear to have hit yet. I do some day trading from time to time on high volume stocks. I sleep alot better at night when I dont have any open positions. If you are looking to make some money with a low dollar amount you may want to look into currency trading. Its a little more predictable than stocks and you can do it online like you would stock trading except its 24 hours a day which is cool. The leverage amount is alot greater enabling you to profit or loose alot more but if your careful and patient you can make succesful 10 minute trades. The reversals are more predictable. There is no regulations on the number of daily trades and its commision free. You pay on the spread of your trade. If your interested check out www.babypips.com. Its a very helpfull forum. Theres alot of pracitce accounts out there such as oanda.com that you can learn from your mistakes on.