Old 10-12-2023, 11:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Fx and fx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin View Post
The 400 powered AC cars included HD Rad/Cooling and Clutched Fan as standard equipment in the AC package.
There would not have been a higher level of cooling optional - it was already equipped with it.

Non-AC cars had the option for HD Rad/Cooling that made them equal content as an AC car.

Formulabruce was only commenting on some Espirit cars he had encountered.
And that they all had AC coincidentally.
The same radiators applied to any 70 Espirit , Formula , TA with AC & Automatic.

According to oPh , FS or FX was an either/or supplier variant for the same application.

Your Espirit Auto with AC - and the 70 TA Auto with AC that I referenced - were both supplied with FX radiators.
See the connection

FX is correct for your Ram3 Auto AC Formula
And there is no upgrade above that
That's best news I've had all day! I'll run it I got a c stamped above I'd tag and it states C so I'm thinking March. My car was assembled in March so that will work. It's not a points car. It's my first car and was my dad's and he states it was all original so that drives me to pursue this. I thank you for all your help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20231012_200007.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	621570  

Old 10-15-2023, 11:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Here is what the Service Manual shows. I'm surprised the TA's YZ came with an FX.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1970FirebirdRadiatorUsageChart.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	621726  

Old 10-15-2023, 06:38 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks Mike! So it is either fs or fx? Im.honestly confused. I have 400 4 barrel ram.air 3. Is that ho? Well it should work.fine I guess. This reminds me of rear end chart that I misread a few years ago.