Old 01-18-2001, 06:45 PM

After storing my car for about seven years (with the carb. removed), I've been dismantling, cleaning, oiling, etc, etc. Last night I removed the spark plugs and peered into the bores with a flashlight. I don't recall using a mouse nest and acorns as a fuel additive, but thats what I found in one of the cylinder bores. So after speaking LOUDLY and fondly of the mouse species I removed the heads (cylinder, not mouse). That brings me to the point of this novel. Now that I have the intake and exhaust manifolds, and the heads removed, how about port matching?. Is it worth doing, whats the procedure, any web info available. I'm looking for opinions and tech info. Thanks Guys
"I Hate Meeses to Pieces" - Jinx

Old 01-18-2001, 06:45 PM

After storing my car for about seven years (with the carb. removed), I've been dismantling, cleaning, oiling, etc, etc. Last night I removed the spark plugs and peered into the bores with a flashlight. I don't recall using a mouse nest and acorns as a fuel additive, but thats what I found in one of the cylinder bores. So after speaking LOUDLY and fondly of the mouse species I removed the heads (cylinder, not mouse). That brings me to the point of this novel. Now that I have the intake and exhaust manifolds, and the heads removed, how about port matching?. Is it worth doing, whats the procedure, any web info available. I'm looking for opinions and tech info. Thanks Guys
"I Hate Meeses to Pieces" - Jinx

Old 01-19-2001, 11:41 AM

Mice nests and acorns in a cylinder! LMAO [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Did you happen to snap a few pix of that? What a riot.

Old 01-20-2001, 12:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

A couple of years ago just before I started my '67 ragtop Goat (It had been sitting for over 20 years !) I joked with my brother in law that the mice are going to have to find another place to live. When I started it the mice nests that had been building up inside each exhaust pipe came flying out like a couple of snakes out of a can! They were a few feet long each. Boy did we laugh. I can't help you with the port matching. Try posting it in the "Pontiac Drivetrain-Street" forum.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Treat Me Good, I'll Treat You Better; Treat Me Bad, I'll Treat You Worse"
Sonny Barger
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~