Old 12-20-2000, 04:09 PM

I have a 73 Th400 w/ the console linkage and am hooking up a 67 His & Hers shifter , but the problem is I can only get Park and Reverse , at that reverse is where drive should be on the shift indicator the cable and shifter are correct for the year but I'm wondering if there is a different linkage that bolt's to the tranny's side. All help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Old 12-20-2000, 04:09 PM

I have a 73 Th400 w/ the console linkage and am hooking up a 67 His & Hers shifter , but the problem is I can only get Park and Reverse , at that reverse is where drive should be on the shift indicator the cable and shifter are correct for the year but I'm wondering if there is a different linkage that bolt's to the tranny's side. All help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Old 12-20-2000, 08:24 PM
Bonker's-T-Cat Moderator

Having done this conversion for several people. You need the correct shifter cable for the th400. You must have the correct cable stop/connector for the transmission pan. Finally, you need the correct cable lever for the transmission. These must be from a th400 car (GTO)

------------------
Gatomon
A car is cheaper than a girlfriend. Better than a wife. If it gives you trouble you can park it and forget about it!

Old 12-21-2000, 12:31 AM

Blackcat,
I have what I believe is the correct cable, and the correct tranny pan bracket but
I'm not sure of the lever on the tranny, I look PY catalog and cannot find a reference to this lever, would you or anyone know know where I can get one?

Thanks

Old 12-21-2000, 12:51 AM
Bonker's-T-Cat Moderator

Make sure that it is not on upside down. (the lever). The Trans lever must come from a Pontiac A-Body with a th400 trans.

Old 01-08-2001, 04:03 PM

Hey Blackcat,

Thanks for the help, as it turned out just minor adjustments were needed does'nt take much.