THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 12-10-2022, 02:10 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default USPS at it again.

My wife sent a parcel from here in AZ to friends at our home in Canada. After moving around the US south west for 4 days it finally made it ....to Japan.

66 Chevy II 461 Pontiac in AZ
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tooski For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2022, 06:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Bwahaha! And I thought I had the record for packages taking a tour of the country.

Old 12-10-2022, 08:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

And they have no idea why they are loosing money every year.

The Following User Says Thank You to grandam1979 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2022, 10:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Regular mail in my area has been strange lately. First main mail box for township is in front of police station but township recommends taking your mail to inside post office. To many people just reaching in and grabbing a hand full of out going mail. Second house delivery sometimes is 8-9pm? Plus the normal concerns of mail taking a week to go to someone two blocks away. funny though my bills always make it on time!

TOM
Old 12-10-2022, 10:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Is it 'new ' generations that do not care!? Playing games. Or cant read? Or is computerized equipment malfunctioning?I read where individuals who are addicted esp pcp do not have empathy.

Old 12-10-2022, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooski View Post
My wife sent a parcel from here in AZ to friends at our home in Canada. After moving around the US south west for 4 days it finally made it ....to Japan.

Just be happy a porch Pirate didn’t take it, or worse the UPS guy himself. That’s been happening a lot where I live. At least you know where it is. Good luck!

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 12-10-2022, 11:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

how about 2 weeks to deliver bagels from NY to FL and they said i messed up.would not pay me for their mistake..

Old 12-10-2022, 12:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandam1979 View Post
And they have no idea why they are loosing money every year.
If you had to fund pensions 75 years into the future you would lose money too.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Scarebird For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2022, 01:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

From about Thanksgivings to Christmas our P.O (rural, about 7 miles from my house) will have two deliveries every other day or so ... large parcels around noon, regular mail and small parcels around 5pm. With possibly older carriers they are not very willing to get out of the vehicle and walk a large package to the door, specially in cold/bad weather. Appears they have a younger guy doing the large packages.

The "pre-covid" carrier was a miserable old hag that would never exit her vehicle (and my porch is literally 25' from my oversize box) so I made many trips to the PO to pick up larger parcels. I once heard her cursing in her vehicle 100 yards away as she had to drive up the driveway to a neighbor and handle some parcel that required personal attention. She appears to have been driven into retirement by all th online purchasing that took place during lock-down.

Porch piracy is not a thing out here in the boonies, would be a dangerous line of work.

Old 12-10-2022, 02:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

My wife says the employee was doing several packages. It is possible that the wrong bar code sticker was put on. In that case the parcel intended for Japan will be going to Canada.

On a side note, I miscounted my med supply and had my daughter mail me what I needed. Took about 2 weeks to get here, which is about normal for mail crossing the border. Right now I am feeling fairly lucky about that.

Old 12-10-2022, 06:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was in the post office sorting room today, they just don't have enough people. They starting to hire off the street for routes that used to take ten years to get. So don't be to hard on them.

Old 12-10-2022, 07:32 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbygto65 View Post
I was in the post office sorting room today, they just don't have enough people. They starting to hire off the street for routes that used to take ten years to get. So don't be to hard on them.
I hear ya, bro, nobody wants to work anymore

Old 12-10-2022, 10:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Seems nobody wants to work. I have local ,about 3 miles from me,machining co they do aerospace work also. They advertised for entry level machinists will train! Been there forever. No loan debt. Perfect jobs. Cant get people.

The Following User Says Thank You to sdbob For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2022, 11:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbob View Post
Is it 'new ' generations that do not care!? Playing games. Or cant read? Or is computerized equipment malfunctioning?I read where individuals who are addicted esp pcp do not have empathy.
That’s meth, in. Fact hitler gave his men meth that’s why they called it the blitzkrieg. They were high as hell amped up with zero empathy. They thought that was the magic potion but they started to abuse it and it ravaged them as they ravaged others with zero care for what they were doing , nasty stuff .

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!
Old 12-10-2022, 11:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbob View Post
Seems nobody wants to work. I have local ,about 3 miles from me,machining co they do aerospace work also. They advertised for entry level machinists will train! Been there forever. No loan debt. Perfect jobs. Cant get people.
My buddy was one of them selling car parts instead of CNC work but he recently went back so I’m assuming if he is others must be too.

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!
Old 12-11-2022, 12:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Prices just went up again too.

Just Say No To 8” Flakes

F ire B irds

🇮🇱
Old 12-11-2022, 02:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooski View Post
You were expecting efficiency from the USPS?

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 01-04-2023, 03:26 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Update

Today the package has arrived at its proper destination in Canada.

Hopefully the package it was mixed up with that was destined for Japan also arrived there.

Old 01-04-2023, 03:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was at podiatrist and got talking to a guy. Here he is ' night maintenance ' at local small city post office,for 30 yrs. He said they are short staffed. He only works there. All the mail from there goes to Pittsburgh to be sorted. I asked about mail letters that get lost,he didnt know anything that the equipment would lose a letter. If mail is going so fast just maybe. As a note when I was self employed I was cutting Alcoa aluminum gutter to say to 29 ft 8 inches. I cut it 28ft 9inches. I transposed numbers when using 50ft tape. Mistakes happen,yes I bought another 33 ft piece. So I learned especially when in a hurry to double ck even ,triple ck. as I have the time now.

Old 01-04-2023, 04:45 PM

In the late 2000's the Civil Service exam was revised. We are now seeing the consequences.