Old 04-27-2022, 12:46 AM
Senior Chief

Question 67 GTO with HO or Ram Air front R/H brake line routing

Need a favor!

Anyone have an idea how the right front brake line goes from under the snout of the frame back up to the prop valve?

This is only with Ram Air or HO on a 67. The brake line company pictures aren't very clear as to locating, just that it's illustrated differently than non-HO/Ram Air lines. I had clearance issues while trying to install the new Doug's D 567 headers.

Old 04-29-2022, 03:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The restoration guide doesn't seem to differentiate the routing for RA or HO.

I assume you're talking about the hard brake line from where it screws into the rubber brake line on the passenger side correct? It runs from the right side of the car traveling downward until it runs along the back of the cross member to the driver's side of the car. The distribution block is located on the driver's side inner frame rail. This hard line attaches to the cross member with a special clip. This right brake line never goes under the frame at any point. It then makes a 90 degree bend upward for a few inches then a sharp 90 degree turn forward toward the front of the car running alongside the motor mount perch. It travels forward atop the cross member under the engine for about 4" then bends toward the upper control arm cross shaft. Same area where the gas lines come out of the front cross member hole. Before it gets to the control arm, it heads back to the rear toward the distribution block. The brake line is always very snug against the frame so I'm not sure how the headers would ever touch this line unless the headers are nearly touching the frame itself. I can take a photo if my description is unclear. Hope this helps.

Old 12-30-2022, 11:37 PM

I'm new and just saw this. I have pics, but they are not the best of how a 67 ram air front hard line is routed. It is different than the standard routing. I hope you have it figured out since this is an old post.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220529_180122568.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	604303   Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220529_153632946.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	604304  

Old 12-31-2022, 02:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Old thread, but I can add a little information if anyone else is wondering.

I've installed Doug's headers on both my H.O. and a standard engine GTO. While the H.O. brake line routing is better, both distribution blocks had to be brought up to the top of the frame rail for the headers. So the H.O. routing doesn't help with the distribution block location.

Old 12-31-2022, 12:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwright67 View Post
I'm new and just saw this. I have pics, but they are not the best of how a 67 ram air front hard line is routed. It is different than the standard routing. I hope you have it figured out since this is an old post.
Your Ram Air line is routed totally different than the one I described. Glad you saw this post!