Old 08-31-2022, 10:58 AM
Senior Chief

Default Sell/Trade for a 69-70 Judge

So I put one of my cars up for sale and used the typical Pontiac Facebook sites. I scan BAT, Hemmings, and the new Haggerty Marketplace (look for these guys to really ramp up their site/business). BAT just amazes me at how much money people bid on a car they don't see in person or get a test ride/drive, as well as how unknowledgeable a lot of the bidders are.

Anyway my motivation for selling/trading is to finally get a car I always wanted. Should have done it years ago but always felt they were too much money. Today they are way too much money but my "time" to own and enjoy one is getting smaller. I am looking for a 69 Judge. I have owned over 36 Pontiacs and one OO 70 Judge RA IV 4 speed (long story but bought it with a blown engine in the mid 80s). I would also consider a 70 Judge. Colors I like are Carousel Red, Warwick Blue, Crystal Turquoise, Liberty Blue for 69. For 70 I like Cardinal Red, Mint Turquois, Orbit Orange, and possibly Atoll Blue or Palomino Copper. Prefer a 4 speed and Parchment interior, hidden headlights, hood tach. Yeah I know I am being picky and there are tons of other folks out there looking for the same. However this will be my only Judge and will share a spot with my 67 GTO HO 400 I have had for 30 plus years (NMCA Stock ET Champion), and 68 RA II 4 speed GTO.

Two other cars I have are potential trade or sell vehicles to obtain the Judge. One recently was awarded Gold at 2022 GTOAA in Concours Modified my 68 Tempest Custom. The other is my 72 SJ GP survivor with 78k miles and one repaint. I am not looking for a concours car as I will drive it some. However it must be the real deal and correct. Cars with their original drivetrains are rare but any car I would be interested in should have a correct drivetrain or very close to it (block, heads, intake, exhaust, trans, rear axle). Probably looking for something in a very high end driver to a #2 car. If anyone is interested in either of these two cars or you know someone who might, you can see more details at the video links.

https://youtu.be/a32DcVqSzic

https://youtu.be/wbRpBSIBguM

https://youtu.be/ebGQTdhCXdc
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1074.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	597556   Click image for larger version

Name:	72 GP SJ 455.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	597557  

Old 01-06-2023, 10:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have been considering doing a trade for my Judge. I work at a restoration shop and i don't know that i have the will to do another one after hours.
Unfortunately, mine is missing the original drive train and is apart at the moment. Solid car, but there is minor rust around the wheel wells. I've had the car since 1985. True OO 4 speed.

Old 01-06-2023, 09:17 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks for the reply. At my age I am not interested in a full frame off project. I may leave this earth before it gets done! LOL

Old 01-07-2023, 12:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Oh man i didn't realize that post was from 2018!

Old 01-07-2023, 12:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

????
Post #1 08-31-2022, 09:58 AM.

http://gtoaa.org/
Old 01-07-2023, 09:06 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtome View Post
Oh man i didn't realize that post was from 2018!
Yeah kind of surprised me. However I am still in the market. Sadly the market is quickly moving beyond my threshold for spending. Have been at the Mecum auction which has more Judges and RA IV cars than any single auction. None of them have crossed the stage yet but prices on other GTOs indicate they will all be over six figures!

Old 01-08-2023, 12:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Humm. I could have sworn it said 2018?? Maybe im getting senile in my old age!
We have a 69 RA3 auto T/A, and a 69 RA4 4 speed at Mecum. I'm interested to see what they bring.

Old 01-08-2023, 09:11 PM
Senior Chief

I think I have looked at those cars. So far I have attended 3 days and plan on attending next Wendesday/Thursday/Friday. Is your RA III T/A the one with A/C? Is the 69 RA IV you mention also a T/A? I have a friend who has 2 69 T/A RAIV cars as well as a couple of RA III 69 T/As. The prices so far have been pushing the market up. I imagine your cars will bring very good money.

Old 01-08-2023, 11:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't think the RAIV was an air car (and yes a T/A). It's been in a bubble for a while so i don't quite remember. The auto car i went back over a couple days ago and i snapped a pic. No air on that one either.
Also just looked and I'm not sure if it was done on purpose or if it's correct, but i see on the auto car, there is no ram air sticker on the hood. This was something a gentleman had built for his wife to drive so i don't really remember the specifics.
We have one more RAIII 4 speed T/A in the pipeline but couldn't get the engine done in time. This one is for the same guy who built one for his wife.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20230102_115022966_HDR.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	604793   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230102_123127679.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	604794  

Old 01-09-2023, 08:05 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtome View Post
I don't think the RAIV was an air car (and yes a T/A). It's been in a bubble for a while so i don't quite remember. The auto car i went back over a couple days ago and i snapped a pic. No air on that one either.
Also just looked and I'm not sure if it was done on purpose or if it's correct, but i see on the auto car, there is no ram air sticker on the hood. This was something a gentleman had built for his wife to drive so i don't really remember the specifics.
We have one more RAIII 4 speed T/A in the pipeline but couldn't get the engine done in time. This one is for the same guy who built one for his wife.
No RAIV cars were available with A/C. Also I believe the T/A did not get Ram Air stickers on hood.

Old 01-09-2023, 09:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ok cool. This is the next one in line. Just waiting for some engine parts.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20230109_134509754_HDR.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	604850  

Old 01-10-2023, 10:27 AM
Senior Chief

Nice. Your info says your are in Port Orange Fl. I am near Leesburg Fl and grew up in Melbourne Fl. I have two friends in Melbourne who own several 69 T/As. They are documented with PHS paperwork.

Old 01-10-2023, 12:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That's awesome. I don't get to know the customers too much, but most of these guys have some great stories.