Old 10-29-2022, 07:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Right front inner fender removal

Any major issues when having to remove inner fender on right side?
Appears somebody neglected to bolt inner to red support at front mounts. right inner is cracked close to rad support so must come out to be welded and repainted. No Names mentioned on this boo boo. No not a halloween prank either. repair to do over winter.

Old 10-31-2022, 03:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just to be clear I am trying to remove inner fender without removing outer fender. Don't want to remove hood, bumper, etc.
Did receive reply to my email but does not show on here?

Old 10-31-2022, 05:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I do not believe anyone is replying because that task is almost impossible. You will scratch, mar, dent different surfaces. Bite the bullet and pull it the way you would on a restoration. My 2 cents!

"Bill"!

Old 10-31-2022, 06:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well that is the news I did not want to hear, LOL. But ya probably the safest way to fix it by the looks of it. Oh maybe I can the left that door then at the same time.
sagged a little after we loaded it and I don't have the hinge wrench to adjust the front side of hinge. I guess it will get some clean up at the same time.

Thanks, Rick

Old 10-31-2022, 08:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Rick, start making a to-do list! So many things you can do with the big stuff out of the way. You might wind up taking the other side off. Heck, you got all winter!!!!!

"Bill"!

Old 10-31-2022, 08:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This was all part 12 years ago, so should not be too bad I hope. Been garage kept since before resto. Body off. Seems I used some generic rad mounts instead of stock type ones,
so the washers on top were very close to inner fender bolt, instead of using short bolt I left it out not thinking it would cause issue. But here I am 12 years later with an issue.
Oh well what else was I gonna do this winter. Won't be back out till April.

Old 11-01-2022, 10:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I had a post all written on taking the fender off yesterday . After re reading that you only wanted to take out the inner I didn't post.

Agree with Bill just take the fender off. Actually if there is other work to do its not that hard to take the complete front sheet metal off . You will have the bumper and hood off so you can make a nice detail job on engine compartment

Old 11-01-2022, 11:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks. Was just the thing I was not really looking forward to but must be done. Now just how long I can procrastinate about it will be another thing. Have 6 months to think about it.

Old 01-12-2023, 08:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ok Another question for installation, should one put inner fender on to outer and then install as assembly or set inner in place somewhat and install outer, then install inner to out fender?
Can't remember how I put it on 12 years ago. Dam memory thing is getting bad. Dam heater box makes it difficult to install especially doing it by yourself.

Old 01-12-2023, 10:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It is way easier to remove the whole front clip than it is to remove just the fender. Once the clip is off just remove the inner fender and leave everything else alone. Put your shims in separate plastic bags and mark their location. With 2 people to lift off nose the job is not hard.

Old 01-13-2023, 03:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Right front fender is already off, inner was repaired and now going back on. Not gonna take the front clip off. But thanks for advise anyway.

Old 01-13-2023, 06:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Put the inner in and blocked it up, then slide outer on. all done and no damage to anything. Another coupe months before weather get better and
we can be out creating havoc once again.