Old 04-18-2014, 11:06 PM

Default Upper a arm needed for '66 GTO LH side

Looking for the upper a arm for driver's side. Cannot get a positive camber and suspect a arm may be bent slightly.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:49 AM

"Cannot get a positive camber and suspect a arm may be bent slightly."

It is common for these cars to have chassis issues; the frame "collapses" in the middle, causing the rails to tilt in at the top, hence negative camber. Several companies sell offset upper control arm shaft kits that move the pivot outward to compensate for this. I've used them numerous times on customer cars with good results. Bob.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:25 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hey Bob I live in Brandon I have an A arm but doubt that's your issue just went through the same thing the cradle sags there is an old school frame shop on N Tampa street but the guy is really backed up he explained what happens and how they fix it the adjustable a arms are an easier way to go but you loose the stock apperance the only other way is to tie the frame down and place a porta power under the cradle and push it back up he says it will work but the frame could buckle took me 8 weeks to have my frame checked out if you want to calm me send me a pm ok been a tough 2 months.