Old 06-12-2000, 10:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'll be converting the front of the LeMans(68) to F body spindles w/ Hotchkis Tubular control arms. What's the largest tire size (15x7 inch wheels) you can run up front? I was hoping for a 245 60R15 w/ a 275 60R15 in the rear.
Anyone run into problems with the tire rubbing on the rear corner of the fender?
Thanks-

------------------
John

Old 06-12-2000, 10:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'll be converting the front of the LeMans(68) to F body spindles w/ Hotchkis Tubular control arms. What's the largest tire size (15x7 inch wheels) you can run up front? I was hoping for a 245 60R15 w/ a 275 60R15 in the rear.
Anyone run into problems with the tire rubbing on the rear corner of the fender?
Thanks-

------------------
John

Old 06-13-2000, 12:55 AM

I too have a 68 lemans, stock tired front suspension though..I'm currently running 245/60/15 with 15x7 rally II's. They're fine until I brake and turn left, or I pull out of a step drive way and crank my tires to the right...passenger tire rubs on front of fender. Hope this helps...

Old 06-13-2000, 09:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It rubs on the FRONT of the fender? I have been told to watch out for the rear of the wheel opening.
How bad is the rubbing-ie. is it a light rub or are we talking full on tire to body impact?
Also, what brand of tire are you running- I know the BFG's are supposed to be slightly beefier in their proportions.
Sorry about all the questions.

------------------
John

Old 06-25-2000, 11:02 PM

I'm "running" BFG radial ta's. the tire just barely rubs on the wheel trim. However it rubbed on the side wall and made a little cut [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] Since my fender was crap I just took a hammer and bent it in a little...problem solved. However the true fix is new front suspension (which I'm doing now). I think I'm just going to run 235 60's up front