Old 10-20-2004, 07:37 PM

2 " drop in the front. The drop in the front also let me finally yank the helper springs off the rear so the back came down about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch as well from where it had been sitting. Check the link in my sig for a comparison of where it used to be. It looks nice, but... I wonder if there are any of those tri-y headers still available!!! My SuperComps arent very happy with me now, lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	72%20Bird%20(2).JPG
Views:	386
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	16504  

Old 10-20-2004, 07:37 PM

2 " drop in the front. The drop in the front also let me finally yank the helper springs off the rear so the back came down about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch as well from where it had been sitting. Check the link in my sig for a comparison of where it used to be. It looks nice, but... I wonder if there are any of those tri-y headers still available!!! My SuperComps arent very happy with me now, lol.

Old 10-21-2004, 07:33 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

What pictures are wew supposed to compare?

Old 10-21-2004, 08:48 AM

What do you mean? You "should" see a recent picture of the car under the paragraph I typed and if you click on the banner in my signiture line you can see a ton of pictures of the car from last year.

Old 10-21-2004, 10:02 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

What are those rims you have? Are they American Racing?

Old 10-21-2004, 12:42 PM

My new ones are Centerline Polished Autodrags, the ones in the old pictures are Centerline Champ 500s.

I bought the Autodrags from a member here on the board. He had them up on eBay.

Old 10-21-2004, 01:08 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

For some reason I cant see the new picture

Old 10-21-2004, 01:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

EnergyFX,
Your new pic wsa never posted. Nothing to see but an 'x' where the .jpg supposed to be. Can you repost it?

Old 10-21-2004, 01:51 PM

It was linked from another site. I edited the post and uploaded it instead.

Does it work now?

Old 10-21-2004, 07:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

yes sir, works now, lookin good (& mean i might add)....

Old 10-22-2004, 02:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Way....way better!!!! What springs did you end up using???

71 Formula 433, Splayed cap 400 block, 4" stroke Scat forged crank, 6.8 Eagle rods, custom Autotec pistons. SD 295 KRE D ports, Old faithful hybrid roller, Torker II, Holley Sniper Stealth, Tribal Tubes, TKO 600, 3.73 Eaton posi.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:56 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

That looks sweet! I thought you were going with the Vette Brakes kit? I have the same problem with my Supercomps. Does anyone make a header that is comparable in quality but doesn't hang so low on the drivers side?

Old 10-22-2004, 07:36 AM

I am still considering the VBP kit, but I don't intend to sink that large of a chunk of money into the suspension for some time. I went with some custom made springs from Coil Spring Specialties. I simply requested a 2" drop with a 40% increase in spring rate and they spun them up and sent them to me. Springs were $120 and I got a set of 4 brand new Edelbrock IAS shocks off of eBay for just a bit over $200.

Now that I have seen what kind of stuff Wayne Due can produce for 2nd gens... the VBP kit is starting to look a bit insignificant. I couldn't stand the tall stance the car had so I decided to go low buck for now and use my money to press on with improving the appearance. I've been sinking a lot of money into little things like trim pieces and interior items.

The rear of the car is sitting at its natural 30 year sag height. When I went to the new wheels and tires I went to a significantly shorter tire than I had before. It really exagerated the "nose up" stance as well as caused a good 4.5 to 5 inch gap between the tire and the lip of the front fender.

There is a member here on the PY board that recently fabbed up some tri-y headers for our cars. They offer a significant amount of clearance over the SuperComps and for a very reasonable price. Do a search for tri-y headers on this forum and you should be able to pull up the recent topic. I will most likely be getting a set in the comming months.

Old 10-22-2004, 09:02 AM

Looks Great. Hedman makes some stepped shorty headers for Pontiac but I've never seen them listed. I read about them in this article, http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles...nt/index3.html. I don't know the part# but if you e-mail Hedman Hedders they will let you know. I did this once but lost the #. I hope their still available as my 77 TA, w/ Global West 1" 1\2 lowered springs w/ Hookers are speed bump smackers. Matt

Old 10-22-2004, 09:21 AM

Has anyone actually used these Hedman shorty headers. Are they worth a damn? Matt

Old 10-22-2004, 10:28 AM

The bigger question would be do they have them for round port heads?

Old 10-22-2004, 03:19 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EnergyFX:
I am still considering the VBP kit, but I don't intend to sink that large of a chunk of money into the suspension for some time. I went with some custom made springs from Coil Spring Specialties. I simply requested a 2" drop with a 40% increase in spring rate and they spun them up and sent them to me. Springs were $120 and I got a set of 4 brand new Edelbrock IAS shocks off of eBay for just a bit over $200.

Now that I have seen what kind of stuff Wayne Due can produce for 2nd gens... the VBP kit is starting to look a bit insignificant. I couldn't stand the tall stance the car had so I decided to go low buck for now and use my money to press on with improving the appearance. I've been sinking a lot of money into little things like trim pieces and interior items.

The rear of the car is sitting at its natural 30 year sag height. When I went to the new wheels and tires I went to a significantly shorter tire than I had before. It really exagerated the "nose up" stance as well as caused a good 4.5 to 5 inch gap between the tire and the lip of the front fender.

There is a member here on the PY board that recently fabbed up some tri-y headers for our cars. They offer a significant amount of clearance over the SuperComps and for a very reasonable price. Do a search for tri-y headers on this forum and you should be able to pull up the recent topic. I will most likely be getting a set in the comming months. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the tip. The tri-y headers look great. If I didn't have a ton of $ invested in my coated Hooker's I would buy them now. I guess it is only a matter of time before they get crushed with the amount of street driving I do and with the awfull road conditions here in eastern CT. They really did a great job with your springs getting the ride height perfect. I am glad though that I went with an adjustable setup. I have been working on shedding weight and every time I do the nose comes up.

Old 10-31-2004, 12:59 AM

i INSTALLED ONE OF THE 1ST SET OF TRI-Y HEADERS ON A STOCK 74 SD-THEY ARE BASICALLY EVEN WITH THE FRAME (GIVE OR TAKE .5) PERFORMACE WENT FROM 13.73@102 TO 13.16@106-BUY THEM NOW, YOU WONT BE SORRY.

Old 10-31-2004, 05:57 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I just checked out your old pictures. The new stance looks great. A significant improvement over the old! Wheel & tire combo looks good too.