Old 10-19-2023, 01:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Best side window weatherstripping

Has anyone used these seals and if so what was your opinion of them?

https://www.thepartsplaceinc.com/pro...881-pair/42586

Brian
Old 10-20-2023, 11:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

If they're true GM parts as the title suggests listing part #'s then they are likely the best seals available... but since its the parts place they are probably repros, ask the seller what brand they are.

Ive used metro side roof rail seals (hard top car) on a few different cars & they fit/function great, doors will be a little tight closing the first few times but they conform pretty quick with no issues after that.

Old 10-20-2023, 06:06 PM
Suspended

Or neither, as ad shows. There's plenty of room for improvement on the stock GM seal, when new or the decades old NOS.

Old 10-20-2023, 06:54 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78w72 View Post
If they're true GM parts as the title suggests listing part #'s then they are likely the best seals available... but since its the parts place they are probably repros, ask the seller what brand they are.

Ive used metro side roof rail seals (hard top car) on a few different cars & they fit/function great, doors will be a little tight closing the first few times but they conform pretty quick with no issues after that.
Thanks. I used a set years ago (forget the brand) thay we’re ok but not great. Recently I chose a set from a different company others reported to have had luck with and although they’re a significant improvement over the previous set I had the windows still struggle to raise completely with the door closed in contrast to the original seals that were installed when I bought the car. I’ve played with the adjustment and gotten it pretty close but I wondered how these latex ones fit.

Brian
The Following User Says Thank You to bhill86 For This Useful Post: