THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 08-10-2023, 03:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There's a guy on YouTube who took a Magnum and added the all wheel drive drivetrain and engine from a Jeep Trackhawk, and body parts and suspension from a wide body Hellcat. He talks too much but the build videos were pretty cool. He had to swap in a lot of body panels from the donors (floorpan, quarters, and so on), he took them apart at the spot welds to make everything look factory. It was interesting how the parts from the different cars all fit together. https://www.youtube.com/@Junkyard_Dave

Old 08-10-2023, 11:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The Magnum was available with all wheel drive with every engine except the SRT 425 hp.

Old 08-11-2023, 09:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for the link to the Local guy that converts them, it may be something to consider in the future. Not interested in an AWD conversion, to me just more weight and more things to go wrong. We test drove a 2008 Black Base AWD Magnum with the 2.7L back when they were new, it was the only one still available in the area. But decided against buying it as it was to slow AWD and Black, I personally don't like Black cars. My wife also was disappointed that the rear area was not tall enough for our Greyhounds to stand up in.
We lost the last Greyhound in May, so that is not a concern, this one has the 3.5L and isn't AWD so it should be quick enough for now. My Wife may want better brakes being used to the Brembo's on her 2020 Charger, but we will have to drive it awhile to make that call. Also it isn't Black, and the interior colors are growing on me. I am getting tires of almost al new vehicles having a choice of Black or Charcoal interior colors.
Looking forward to picking it up and bringing it back to MI on the 25th. I will post better picture when I can get it out in the sunlight.

78 Catlina Safari, Pontiac 400 powered
77 Astre Formula, 215 Buick V-8 T-5
73 Lemans Safari, 400 4bbl 4-speed
71 Catalina Enforcer, 455 4bbl
06 Mallet Solstice #024 LS2, Now with a Tremec 6060 6-speed!
2012 F-150 Echo Boost (My local Ford Dealer SUX!!!)
2020 Dodge Charger Scat pack (recovered)