Old 06-04-2022, 02:39 PM

Default Wiper motor does not stop

I got a wrench caught in the wiper transmission which then got jammed. Now the wiper keeps running and does not stop. Is there a simple fix for this?
Wiper motor is for a 71 lemans.

1971 GTO Convertible 455 #64 Heads, HO intake and carb with MSD HEI, RAIII exhaust manifolds and 3:55 posi
Old 06-04-2022, 02:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Maybe.
You will have to unbolt it from the firewall . Pop the drive ball out of the arm and then remove the plastic weather cover off and look at the drive hub.

It’s plastic but there’s also a metal pivoting arm that may have got bent and hung up from the jam session with the wrench deal.

Old 06-05-2022, 11:58 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifetime Goat View Post
I got a wrench caught in the wiper transmission which then got jammed. Now the wiper keeps running and does not stop. Is there a simple fix for this?
Wiper motor is for a 71 lemans.
This same thing happened to me years ago with my 69 GTO. I had snow packed on the windshield which jammed and stopped the wipers. The linkage got slight bent. The wipers would park but won't shut off. Took a while to figure out but I finally resolved the issue. There are adjustments on the linkage so I played around with it until the wipers parked and shut off. Good luck!!

Old 06-05-2022, 03:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Reminds me of my Camaro I had for 40 years. Nothing ever got in the way. They one day just kept working. I resorted to popping the fuse out when I wanted them off. Then went to a toggle switch. Never fixed it and sold the car two years ago. I never used them in the last 30 years anyway, the way I took car of it.