Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default PY car cover for a '63 Catalina

Has anyone bought one of our sponsor's "The Max" car covers for a '61-'64 Catalina sport coupe and if so did it fit and were you pleased with it? It will be used by me as an inside cover and my main desires are that it keep the dust off and not trap moisture underneath; it can get very humid where I live.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:44 AM
Administrator

We have sold very few of the large ones for the Big Car. On my 67 GTO, it fits fair. It looks kind of funky but gets the job done. If looks aren't important, it's a good value.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank you for the response. The reason I asked is because your catalog doesn't say what size the cover is and the Budge website is no help at all. It says a '63 and up Grand prix and Bonneville takes a size 4 while a 60-76 I think it is Impala takes a size 5. The GP is every bit as big as the Impala of that era so? I don't want to buy a cover and then have it not fit over the car. It doesn't have to be pretty on the car but I want it to cover it. I am just going to use it inside to keep dust and bugs and bird poop off.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:50 PM
Administrator

Their application chart is wrong for many application. You definitely need a size 5 and that is what we use for all the Big Pontiacs.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank you I will order one.