Missing Pontiacs, Parts or Trailers Include lost or stolen items here

Old 02-13-2007, 11:13 PM
Senior Chief

COP = Corrupt Obnoxious Pr!ck at least that's been my experiance with most of them. I got to admit though my favorite cop on the force gave me the most tickets as a punk kid. I did however deserve every one of them.

Old 02-14-2007, 09:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

I'd break the window and unlock the door (with a glove on of course) and then call the police (if there were any parts left) telling them that when you drove up the suspect ran away leaving the door open. Be very vague about who the suspect was.

This really pisses me off, I wonder if a call to the Alabama State Police would help?

Old 02-14-2007, 11:18 PM
Suspended

I tell ya, go by there everyday or night. At somepoint, when turning aruond with the truck, "honest officer, I thought it was in first in stead of reverse, and it so shocked me that when I went for the brake, my foot hit the gas instead".

Old 02-15-2007, 07:36 PM

Did you have insurance on the car? If so, I'm sure you filed a claim right? If so, I would contact your insurance company. I'm sure they would like to see about getting some of their money back.

Old 02-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Have the cops tried to contact the owner of the building and getting a "consent search?" We do it all the time in the events that we don't have enough to get a search warrant.

I've heard of some people (sometimes even cops) kicking a door open and then have someone else call 911 to report they witnessed a burglary in progress. The police will respond to that particular location and will be lawfully allowed to search the interior when they see evidence of the aforemenioned forced entry. An observant police officer would take note of what was inside that building and could then get a search warrant for any contraband or stolen property. This isn't a very ethical solution.... but I've heard that's it's been done a time or two.

db

Old 02-16-2007, 10:13 PM

WEEEEELLL, here's some news. Did a little "police" work since in my many visits by the property it seemed like no one was ever there or anything was moving. A little searching around revealed the property was sold on a tax lien about 2 months ago. A little more effort got me the new owners name and his permission to go in anywhere on the property this weekend. Any of my stuff may be gone by now but at least I get the opportunity to look, no thanks to anyone else. A little word of advise to all you guys-- Always behave like someone can steal from you and protect yourself accordingly. The last year and a half have taught me the authorities JUST DONT CARE about this kind of crime and the best way to keep out of this situation is to make sure no one can steal from you. In the end, I consider myself extremely fortunate to get back what I have at this point, if there is any more on the property, I'll let you know. P.S. You fellas are a great bunch of dudes

Old 02-17-2007, 03:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Screw the local yokels, I would have gotten the STATE Police involved.

Old 02-19-2007, 05:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I got to see that car once. Stood in the road at the complex and made your son stop. That was a nice ride.

Great to hear YOU have made some progress. It's ashame the police have been little to no help.
The STATE police wouldn't have made any difference.........

Any update since your last post?

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:40 PM

Update! An update is clearly in order here! Give us some good news!

Old 03-04-2007, 05:56 AM
Suspended

Posted in the message by tikler; "The last year and a half have taught me the authorities JUST DONT CARE ..."

That's because the thieves are their brothers and nephews and locking up family isn't what they will do. But try and stop the thief, and you get a felony assult rap. F the law when anyone else ever steals from me. I see it, I'm doing something about it. The scumbags with tin on their chest who know their family members are thieves can file missing persons reports. And people ask why I got into the excavation business.