Missing Pontiacs, Parts or Trailers Include lost or stolen items here

Old 11-29-2007, 11:36 AM
Suspended

I was at a swap meet and sold qutie a few things. Kept the money in a box in the truck. Asked a nephew to stay while I went to the restroom. Came back and he's into it with a known not very trust worthy person. The guy tried walking off with an intake. Had a feeling about it, so I looked in the truck. Yep, money box was gone. Found it empty the other side of the car the guy my nephew was into it with. There was 2 of them in it. That's ok now. I know that a set of forks, custom seat, and wide rear tire/wheel combo was off his missing bike, plus some other misc. bike parts for a harley,but I took the stuff in on trade and made as much back as they had taken from me.

Old 12-02-2007, 12:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I had some stuff missing at a swap meet that I left on the the hauler over night, Had to be a ford or chevy guy doing the stealing, Pontiac people would never do something like that.

Old 12-23-2008, 04:17 PM
Senior Chief

Exclamation stolen

Watch out...they want those "protecto plates" !!!! keep an eye on your car...

Old 01-26-2009, 03:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Region Warrior View Post
Not off car, but parts for sale on a table while making a run down the track.

Then there was the time a "buddy" sold some of my parts while i was talking to Paul Spotts, and never gave me the $
I know a guy that brags about taking stuff at swap meets when there's nobody there watching the space or if they won't stop talking long enough to be able to ask them about it. I've been in both situations many times, and it sucks, but jeez, just take the stuff? He's not a friend, but I run into him at all the swaps, and he'll occasionally show me parts he took in this way. I think the last thing I saw was a manifold.

It does suck to have someone ignore you when you want to talk about an item, or when they aren't even around. I just move on.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:44 AM
Senior Chief

not at a meet but on a parking lot near where I live. on a daily I had a couple of years ago someone broke the driver side window to swipe the tiny fuzzy dice I had hanging on the rear view mirror..
these dice cost about $5 at a Dutch version of Autozone or Napa store..
If they'd opened up the glove box they would have found the front for the radio that was in the car..

cost me $25 for a replacement window from the local yard and had to take the day off from work to get the window and put it.. working outside in the winter in the cold in the rain.. thanks a lot..

at meets here I always keep my windows up and lock my car when I go away to walk around. this one local car show me and a friend went to in his '67 deville conv. we park the car, my buddy opens up the hood to get the disconnect switch from the battery out and as he's doing that two guys who are nearby looking at other cars came walking up start talking about something and one of them just starts sitting on the back of the car..

what the hell is wrong with people, why is it so difficult to respect someone else's stuff..

Last edited by Charlie Brengun; 01-26-2009 at 08:50 AM.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Had a nice set of REO Speedwagon truck emblems at a swap meet and someone stole one REO emblem. Probably not a lot of money, but now I've got a partial set.

Back in the 80's a state trooper told me several Corvettes usually get stolen at Bloomington Gold every year, but the real kicker is when identical Vettes show up with identical VINs.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:35 PM

I do about 10 swap meets a year. down from 15 a few years back. I have never lost a part at a swap meet until about 2 years ago. At of all places Norwalk. At night some one stole several pieces of chrome off of my tables. 67 vinyl top moldings !

Old 02-20-2009, 08:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Region Warrior View Post
Then there was the time a "buddy" sold some of my parts while i was talking to Paul Spotts, and never gave me the $
I wonder who that "buddy" could be?

Old 02-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Somewhat Off Topic but Related and Interesting

Back in June there was a 3.55 posi rear end on ebay in Keyport NJ. It had a minimum bid of $100, no reserve, but pickup only. I'm in NH and the pickup only was a slight issue. Although, I have a business associate in NJ, not too far off who had delivered parts to me through his friend who travels back and forth from NJ to NH. After the auction ended, I contacted the seller to inquire about the rear. He indicated I could buy it for $100 outright. So, I set it up. I made the phone calls, gave out phone numbers. I had not paid for it until I could ensure pickup. The friend who was to pick it up was privy to the sellers phone number. I asked him to call me once the pickup was scheduled and at that point, I would then paypal the seller. I never got the call. Assuming that the pickup was not arranged, I emailed the seller that I was still interested in the rear and that I would come up with plan B. The seller responded that the rear was in fact picked up. I called the friend about it and he indicated that the seller never called him back. I emailed the seller once again and he indicated that I was the only person who ever contacted him about the rear. He also indicated that two men picked up the rear, one was heavy set and were driving a junky 80's dark Ford Ranger. Heavy set fit the description of the friend. I called my business associate and explained the situation. He didn't fully disclose all that he knew other than that this friend was a criminal. At that time, I went onto the ebay store of this associate and in the background of an image of a store item, you can see a dark 80's junky Ford Ranger. Weeks pass and I get a posi unit from this associate at my door. Weeks later I called the associate about the posi and played dumb. He indicated that the posi was out of the rear in question and that it was loaded heading for the Englistown swap meet with the friend. The associate didn't release info on that Ranger until this later conversation. After identifying the rear to him, he also remembered other components of the rear loaded as well. He was pissed and is still pissed about this because of the affect on his reputation. The rear was a 67 Firebird "N" 3.55 posi that someone had retrofitted with WS6 brakes and rewelded perches for a 2nd gen. I guess the rear housing was junked, probably the most valuable part. The complete rear was worth more than the posi alone, although, the rear would have cost me $200 delivered versus the posi for free. But, the posi was in good shape and I did get something out of the deal. Because I had not yet paid for it, I could not call involve law enforcement for theft! I won't use that 'friend' for a delivery ever again!