Missing Pontiacs, Parts or Trailers Include lost or stolen items here

Old 05-08-2004, 09:22 AM

Hello all,

Just a warning to everyone, Daryl Anderson stole deposit and sold the 72 455HO GTO that I was going to purchase.

I'm now out $2000 and he refuses to send it back.

I have all corresponding emails, so you can decide for yourself that he is dishonest.
PLEASE DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH HIM!!!!

You can call or email for any information.

Thanks
Scott

Daryl Anderson Armada, MI
SandyandDaryl@aol.com

Old 05-08-2004, 09:22 AM

Hello all,

Just a warning to everyone, Daryl Anderson stole deposit and sold the 72 455HO GTO that I was going to purchase.

I'm now out $2000 and he refuses to send it back.

I have all corresponding emails, so you can decide for yourself that he is dishonest.
PLEASE DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH HIM!!!!

You can call or email for any information.

Thanks
Scott

Daryl Anderson Armada, MI
SandyandDaryl@aol.com

Old 05-08-2004, 09:41 AM
Senior Chief

For two grand I think we would have to have a face to face conversation about how bad he wanted to keep MY money.
Don

Old 05-08-2004, 10:23 AM

Do you want me to get it for you?

Old 05-09-2004, 01:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Uh-oh.
Not only are you sending Uncle Guido to his door, now he's got a badge too!

Me thinks you'll be $2000 richer real soon.

462 cid/ 6x-4/ TH400/ 3.36:1/ 28x10.5/ 3880#/ 12.35 @ 109.36/ 1.69 60 ft/ 4 wheel disc brakes/ 15 mpg
Old 05-10-2004, 08:22 AM
Senior Chief

Dude
There are atleast a dozen guys from this board within a stones throw from you. I'm sure someone can help ya look for another gto once ya get your money back. Real shame ya had to go thru this!!!

Old 05-10-2004, 09:58 AM

Thanks all, for the support!

Believe it or not, this is the first time I've ever had a problem with anyone in the Pontiac hobby(20+ years!)

Scott

Old 05-10-2004, 12:46 PM
Senior Chief

Scott, make sure that you let everyone know how this turns out. Hope that you're able to get you deposit back somehow.

Old 05-10-2004, 07:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

In what form did you send the deposit?

Old 05-11-2004, 07:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Is it to late to stop payment on the check, or Call Visa and dispute the charge?

Old 05-11-2004, 04:47 PM

I had sent him a check, and yes it's too late to stop payment. I do have a copy of the check.

Old 05-11-2004, 06:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Call yor local Postmaster & get them involved. That's mail fraud among other things. Hope you get things resolved!
Steve V

Old 05-11-2004, 11:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes, contact the postal dept. Also email his states atty. general & cc a copy to this bum!! I think this is a Federal offense. Mail fraud ?? theft by deception???

POCI.org
Old 05-12-2004, 06:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

If you mailed him the check, It's mail fraud. all you have to do is file it with the Postal service. They MUST investigate it, by law. That might just be the push this bum needs to pay your money back. However, I am not sure how fast they move on investigations.
Send him a certified letter, demanding your money back. That way you can prove you requested it returned, Otherwise he can say, " I didn't know he wanted his money back "

Old 05-12-2004, 01:47 PM

Well, take a look at your e-mails - I take it you guys negotiated a price for the car prior to your sending the check. Don't know the law in PA, but in some states, the proper place to file a claim is the state, or county, where the contract was entered into. Normally, that's the place where the "acceptance" occurs. If he countered and you accepted his counteroffer - the cotract may have been made where YOU were when you accepted (where ever you sent the e-mail acceptance from).

Why's it a big deal? You can file in small claims court for the $2,000 - and try to force him into choose between showing up and having a default judgment entered. There are a myraid of other issues (out of state jurisdictional issues, bla bla bla) but you might "wake him up."

If you get a default - it can be satisfied by any number of means (sheriff's sale of a nice classic car????).

Anyway - check to see if your local court has a website and take a look at your options . . . shouldn't cost more than $30-40 to get going.

Good luck.

Old 05-17-2004, 11:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The problem with small claims court (at least in California) is that even though you may win the case, it's still up to you to collect. So now the dude owes you the $$$ and now the judge says so. Still your problem to collect. He doesn't give you the cash, so you take him to court again. What did that get you the first time?
First hand knowledge of this one. Not saying going to court isn't an option. Just know what you're looking forward to. Again, California is different than Pennsylvania.

462 cid/ 6x-4/ TH400/ 3.36:1/ 28x10.5/ 3880#/ 12.35 @ 109.36/ 1.69 60 ft/ 4 wheel disc brakes/ 15 mpg
Old 05-17-2004, 02:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i agree with pmdracer.
judgements are for honest people.
send guido, and mr.smith and mr.wesson over to this guy's house to have a "talk" with this sorry a$$.
david

Old 05-18-2004, 03:40 PM
Senior Chief

That guy is a real piece of work. I purchased a 69 GTO from him 2 years ago. I got the car through Anthony of Custom Classics who acted as a broker. The motor was supposed to be blueprinted and perfect. After 6 miles , heard a massive rod-knock. Motor was toast. I had the motor rebuilt and was told that it had three diff. pistons among other probs. I tried contacting Darryl many times . Never returned any calls. I did get intouch with the guy whosold the car TO Darryl. He said that the motor was bad when he sold it to him and thats why he sold it to Darryl so cheaply.

Old 05-24-2004, 07:37 PM

HEy guys,

Thanks for all the replys and help. I've gone to the post office, and will see what happens. Also filing small claim, and your right, it's quite possibe he won't pay up(losers don't), but the judgement with adversely screw up his credit report. Now with Southwest Air, I can get out there for $200 RT. It's worth the day off, and I'm making every attempt that he will think twice before ripping off another person.

Scott<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre>

Old 05-24-2004, 07:52 PM
Senior Chief

Unfortunately, the post offfice will do virtually nothing. They will send him a letter, and if he chooses not to respond, they will do nothing at all unless he has very many complaints against him. It is the same thing with the state's attorney generals office. If the person chooses not to respond, they will drop the matter and rec. that you contact an attorney. Basically, you're on your own. If you go up there,tell Daryl I said "hi". He is a spineless POS. Ken