Missing Pontiacs, Parts or Trailers Include lost or stolen items here

Old 06-29-2006, 07:09 PM
Senior Chief

TJF2000: beautiful dog!!!! LOVE Sheps.

Old 07-14-2006, 03:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

My buddy would just remove the coil wire to the distributor and replace it with a piece of vacuum hose the same size when he parked. Looked totally legit and might take a little while for a thief to figure out.

Old 07-14-2006, 07:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Could a solonoid (sp?) be placed in the fuel line, or is it a bad idea to run gas through a device such as this? I'm thinking this and a kill switch to interupt the distributor could thwart a time concious thief.

Old 07-16-2006, 07:11 PM

I have a brake lock. Bought it from Summit years ago. I guess they didn't sell well, but the concept is great. You plumb your brake system through it. When unlocked, brakes work normal. When you lock it, if someone hits the brakes, the brake lock is a check valve. The brakes will stay on. They won't be going anywhere fast, but they will be making lots of noise. You could lock just the fronts with it, they will be power braking down the street, definitely waking the neighbors.

'05 Springer Classic
'07 Solstice GXP, wife's car
Old 07-17-2006, 01:41 AM
Suspended

i have fish hooks and razor blades, big dogs and guns. also a shallow grave pre dug

Old 07-18-2006, 01:33 PM

I have a Grant removable steering wheel kit ,, nice unit .

Old 05-22-2007, 07:42 PM

Anyone heard of the Ravelco Antitheft device? It uses a multi-pinned plug, female attached near the bottom of the dash, male attached to your keychain. They claim 100% security, that none of their equipped cars have ever been driven off. They say it's too hard to try to defeat the wiring and you'd have to re-wire the engine harness. They come to your place and do the install for about $400.

Old 05-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

This system is advertised in Car & Driver and a few other rags. Don't know a thing about them.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:10 PM
Senior Chief

GLOCK

Old 06-03-2007, 08:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I hear all these folks with guns and dogs. Not to logical if you are not around or the dogs are comprimised with a dart, poison, or food. The company I used to work for has a gps system. I have a couple of them lying around. Go to www.mymobileguardian.com Hulk Hogan has them on his daughters car. I think most folks saw the episode. A gps system tied to an alarm system or reports when the car is moved is the best way to go and installation is the key. Well hidden devices are the key. Now I think the best way to go is simply removing the coil wire. Or removing something that disables the car so the thief will have to go to a lot of trouble to get it started or moved. It is sad we have to go thru the trouble but isent it worth it? Insurance is always a fall back for me but still sickning to have to deal with. Someone needs to come up with a device that can go between the wheels and lock on each end. Like a rod you stick into the wheel and out the other side or like a lightweight boot you can keep with you in the trunk. That is really boils down to. We know the world we live in, we just have to adapt better.

Check out my sons blog, www.driftundertheradar.com

Old 06-03-2007, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatmanmitch
Could a solonoid (sp?) be placed in the fuel line, or is it a bad idea to run gas through a device such as this? I'm thinking this and a kill switch to interupt the distributor could thwart a time concious thief.

you can buy these thru large boat repair shops. parker hannifin [sp] mfgs them. i've wired several in as dump valves for auxliary fuel tanks. be sure to buy one that's normally closed so it won't drain your battery while sitting.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 06-04-2007, 01:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've been wondering what to do as well. My car is a driver. Weekends, cruises, stuff like that.

What about the grant removeable steering wheel? that'll slow stuff up. Anyone with former theft experience (repo man?) have experience with them?

The problem with kill switches, is you can easily hotwire these old cars. Mine has no steering lock, etc. You can just run a new wire to coil for power and fire it up.

I have a ragtop, so easy access.

If you wire anything to the coils, the their could simply cut all existing wires and run a new wire. "thus hot wiring"

GPS is good for recovery.

But if they come with a flatbed, they'll just drag the car onto it and drive off, regardless of what deadbolts are in the doors, (nifty, BTW) or kill switches there are.

So I guess lojack or other GPS is the best for RECOVERY. For prevention, removeable steering wheels, dummy coil wires are good. But a PITA to do every time you park. And if the theif looks at the coil wire and sees it's a fake, they could just grab one of the spark plug wires and use that. it'll run on 7 cylinders enough to get it away. Of course, I just installed an HEI, so I can't even do that one.

I tried explaining to my 7 year old why I don't like to go to Target with my car. He didn't get it. "Why'd you buy it if you can't drive it?" I tried to tell him I can DRIVE it, I just don't want to PARK it anywhere!!!

Finally, at home, chaining the car to a loop in the concrete is best. I've read that before about quads, bikes, etc. Maybe I'll do that and throw a chain around the rear axle. My garage is alarmed. It's the trip to Target or where ever that gets me worried.

469, M21, 3.42

Old 06-04-2007, 05:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

GPS is good for recovery but you need to look for one that has a trigger input, so an alarm or something can trigger it. Also look for one that has paging capabilities and one you can monitor yourself so you can activate a relay, get a location and all that stuff without the need for police or any other help. But, like I said insurance is you best buddy. If they want it they will get it. You can make it hard on them but their is a way around just about anything. Insure it for what you think it is worth so you can get back to where you were if something happens. You will pay for it and most will never use it but you dont want to be on the news saying "I never thought it would happen to me."

Check out my sons blog, www.driftundertheradar.com

Old 06-05-2007, 11:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameano
I have a brake lock. Bought it from Summit years ago. I guess they didn't sell well, but the concept is great. You plumb your brake system through it. When unlocked, brakes work normal. When you lock it, if someone hits the brakes, the brake lock is a check valve. The brakes will stay on. They won't be going anywhere fast, but they will be making lots of noise. You could lock just the fronts with it, they will be power braking down the street, definitely waking the neighbors.
Isnt this called a line lock?

Old 06-30-2007, 11:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wondering with cell phones helping locate missing people lately could you place a cheap phone in the car (must be on). These phone towers can place the phones location or at least a area to look in. I don't know what it take to do this or it the cell phone people would help, or just use that for missing persons.

Old 06-30-2007, 10:48 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by salem1912
Wondering with cell phones helping locate missing people lately could you place a cheap phone in the car (must be on). These phone towers can place the phones location or at least a area to look in. I don't know what it take to do this or it the cell phone people would help, or just use that for missing persons.
That kind of sounds like the system that is(was) in my suburban. the truck is having some issues Soo I started ripping tha alarm system out. Viper 500 with shock, perimmiter and acsess. also controlled fuel injection and starter. the second layer was triggered by the viper or by cutting the wires feeding the alarms( not sure how it monitered this as changing the battery did not set it off)(im sure we know how I figured this out). Funny thing is the wire used in this second alarm Costs more $$$ than the entire viper system. I still havent found the second system in my truck. But I know its tied in to the trucks phone system. good thing the cell service has been off for four years. is this a lojack or something close ??? and where the he!! is it and its batteries located in my truck. any ideas?????????this crap was in it when I bought it. its from the Chicago area

my cars
Old 01-11-2009, 06:40 PM

Grant removable steering wheel.just dont leave it unattached and in the car or a would be thief,or an asshole in general will steal ur wheel so u cant drive it either!

Old 01-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I just noticed the thread starter, has anyone heard from him?

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 01-13-2009, 10:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
GPS is good for recovery but you need to look for one that has a trigger input, so an alarm or something can trigger it. Also look for one that has paging capabilities and one you can monitor yourself so you can activate a relay, get a location and all that stuff without the need for police or any other help. But, like I said insurance is you best buddy. If they want it they will get it. You can make it hard on them but their is a way around just about anything. Insure it for what you think it is worth so you can get back to where you were if something happens. You will pay for it and most will never use it but you dont want to be on the news saying "I never thought it would happen to me."
i have a live data recordable gps,lay it in the car,,,turn on the computer and watch it while in motion live
got it to monitor my teen

Old 01-15-2009, 03:55 AM

I just bought a 67 conv GTO. I am installing a biometric device our baby company is making. I will require my finger print to be checked before tripping a relay in the engine compartment to start the car. The idenification process takes less then a second. Power will come from the ACC. position as you turn the key. ITs a pretty cool system that is really used to open secure doors in building that I am adapting.

Never thought these were a good idea, If the thief is determined enough or a nutter, he might just steal your finger first!