Missing Pontiacs, Parts or Trailers Include lost or stolen items here

Old 05-22-2007, 01:42 PM
Senior Chief

Default Beware of theives

Copied from Chevytalk.com boards...
I first heard of this on a local forum. One of our guys had a really sweet Cutlass stolen and his son's ProStreet Nova was stolen and nearly destroyed in a chase by law emforcement. Blew the brand new engine in a 130+ m.p.h. chase and trashed the doors and steering column. Got this from Chevelles.Com and we all have agreed to link to this from all the boards we visit:
http://www.chevelles.com/forums/show...00#post1355200...

Seems professional thieves were in attendance at Atlanta Dragway this past weekend for the Year One event. This is despicable. please help and spread the word to any other boards you visit.

Old 06-03-2007, 07:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Like they said. Gone in sixty seconds there. That is sad. Seems like we all need to go thru the extra trouble to make sure our cars are where we left them. Popping the hood and grabbing the coil wire all the time will get old but hell, at least your car will still be there.

Check out my sons blog, www.driftundertheradar.com

Old 07-18-2007, 03:14 PM
Suspended

Darn, just spent 440 bucks on an electronic ignition amd it doesn't have a coil wire! Those were the days.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

this is aashame now a days

Old 07-23-2007, 07:00 PM
Suspended

I say find the thieves and hang them on the spot. Or else shoot them, cut their throats or rope 'em and drag them down the street for a few miles.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman
Like they said. Gone in sixty seconds there. That is sad. Seems like we all need to go thru the extra trouble to make sure our cars are where we left them. Popping the hood and grabbing the coil wire all the time will get old but hell, at least your car will still be there.
When I first got my GTO back in high school, I used a generic club-type device AND pulled the coil wire each and every time I parked the car. I'd be walking around the mall or school or whatever and I'd have the coil wire with me. lol

Old 07-24-2007, 01:28 AM
Senior Chief

Send a message via AIM to Tone

Good thing my car looks like hell and barely has an interior....probably not much monetary value in it to steal it. Whew.

73 Lux Lemans.
350 2brl. Single exhaust. TH350 automatic.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to YVEYANT

Was the motor worked? If it was they probably knew the car, took the motor and the car is in pieces by now..The victim should look close by. It was probably someone he knew.

Ant
1967 Pontiac Tempest, GTO-Inspired

"What's so special about having Italian food cooked by a bunch of friggin Mexicans"
Paulie-
Rocky Balboa

"Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it"
Braveheart

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...Wm0SlqN030.jpg
Old 07-27-2007, 06:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

While my car is just a LeMans and not nearly as desirable as a GTO, I believe a theif might not know that. So Ive taken a couple percasions with my car while its in the garage. You just never know.

Old 07-29-2007, 07:49 AM
Suspended

coil wire trick........

Jesus,,, doesn't everyone know to just pull a spark plug wire off and use that for the coil wire....

i installed a hidden switch that goes to the fuel pump relay... its alot more effective because the car will start and drive 50 feet then die in the middle of the street... also you dont need to pop the hood and its easier to turn on and off when your doing eat and runs etc.

Old 07-29-2007, 11:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

yes you know that, i know that, but most others don't.

1971 bonneville hearse 455/4
1972 grand safari wagon 6 pass 455/4
1995 Firebird Formula 5.7 convertible
2002 gp 40th anniv. SC V6
2003 gmc sierra 2500hd 8.1 liter

***LIKE MY FACEBOOK PAGE https://www.facebook.com/GratefulParts***

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/GRATEFUL...__W0QQ_armrsZ1
Old 07-30-2007, 04:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to performerrpm

a hidden kill switch works good but iwas planning on a gps device wired into the ignition wire that way if it is stolen it can be tracked and shut off while the theif is driving it actually i was thinking of that and akill switch. i have a friend iworked with that bought a late 70ish impala or caprice and had a 502 put in lot of chrome under neath an a paint job wheels and interior that cost as much as a small house would and he took it to some sho here in tulsa on a saturday come home parked in is 2 car attachedgarage then was out goofin off on his motorcycle come parked it right bhind the car shut the door and pulle his wifes car in ront of the garage since they were gonna take his other carto church sunday. they get up leave come back at 12:30 and the column is busted on his wifes car and been moved the garage door is destroyed and he motorcycle is laying ou in he driveway and the show car is gone. now personally i wouldnt have invested over 6ok in that car like he did but if theives are willing to do all that in broad daylight for his i cant imagine what extremes they would go thru for all our old pontiacs whether the pontiac is a finished show piece or a project of some sort

Old 07-30-2007, 04:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to performerrpm

[QUOTE=Old Blue 66]While my car is just a LeMans and not nearly as desirable as a GTO, I believe a theif might not know that. So Ive taken a couple percasions with my car while its in the garage. You just never know.[/QUOTe

as good as your lemans looks in the pics i see if i were a thief id still it
in fact a car that looks that good it would be hrd to keep an honest man honest

Old 07-30-2007, 09:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

kill switch and or Lo Jack which the Police will track and locate the car. Lo Jack does work.

Old 08-11-2007, 09:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad400
kill switch and or Lo Jack which the Police will track and locate the car. Lo Jack does work.
LoJack only works if it's available in your area. I used to live on the Canadian border in Northern NY, and we had no LoJack available. Only thing we had were chains and clubs when we found the lowlifes that stole from us. But if whatever was stolen made it's way to the Reservation, it was history. The State Troopers wouldn't even go there looking.

Old 10-21-2007, 11:11 PM

I had a house on/off switch that would connect to my coil back in High School in my GTO so that it wouldn't be stolen.

Old 10-29-2007, 08:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Wink Classic Car Theft

I found a simple, yet effective way to dis-arm the HEI ignition in my 66 Pontiac.

I wired an old style floor mounted headlamp dimmer switch hidden under a section of the rug, right between the OEM dimmer switch and the kick panel.
Real easy to set and use. Just step on it!
Most people don't think to look down there.

I've forgotten myself a few times that it was there after the car was not used for a while

Semper Fi
Old 11-05-2007, 03:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Posted on TAC--73 Camaro 100,000 $ into it--stolen at SEMA - Nov. 2 --Varmints.

Old 11-16-2007, 03:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Only removing the coil wire is not nearly as effective as removing it and replacing it with a piece of vacuum hose. We did this back in the 60's and most thieves won't notice the fake coil wire. I guess you could use a real coil wire with the wire removed far enough back in to it so it wouldn't pass voltage if you want to go for the complete authentic look.

I prefer the locking device that bolts under the dash and has an Ace key and armored cable leading to under the hood. It has a very secure ground switch built in and a cable that goes up front to the hood locking mechanism. I don't use their flimsy hood catch, and instead run the cable hid under the top of the cowl to where it engages the hood pin. The hood cannot be opened with the pin engaged. And this is to protect the car when it normally is not over a few feet from me at a cruise or show. It will slow them down enough so my paranoid watching of my car all the time will find them. Besides, I always see a few cars with keys left in them, and these should be the easy target of choice for the lowlifes.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:01 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Lust4speed,
where do you get one of those ace key armor cable thing your talking about. Is it the pull hood release cable?
fb66