Missing Pontiacs, Parts or Trailers Include lost or stolen items here

Old 09-27-2007, 07:26 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thumbs down Anyone ever lost parts at a Cruise or Show?

Not a big deal but last night I went out to our regular local cruise night. When it was time to pack up and go home I noticed that I was missing my driver's side front chrome valve cap, oh well I thought, check the other rally wheels and for sure they were all snatched.

I mean here are little items that total what $8, I'm not getting bent but then it occurred to me probably folks have lost lots worse.

Any stories to share?

Old 09-27-2007, 08:49 PM

Yeah I have "lost" several valve caps too. You might try getting a wrench to fit them then snug them down pretty good. It wont stop them if they really want them but at least they gotta work at it and if it slows them down they just may walk away. Just remember to keep the wrench in the car.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

2 kids, 12 or under. They both have them on their bikes now.

Old 09-28-2007, 06:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Had someone steal the original owners manual out of my glove box!!!!!!

Old 09-28-2007, 07:12 PM
Senior Chief

Someone stole a jack and the spare tire out of the trunk. I left the car unattended to go take a leak and I didn't think I'd have to close my trunk for 5 minutes. I didn't discover it until I packed up to go home. What burned burned me the most was the people sitting all around the car with their own cars didn't see anything.

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Jeff Gordon Edition
2017 Dodge Challenger SXT Black Top Edition
Old 10-25-2007, 10:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

the plastic caps from the ends of the door pull handles on a deluxe interior 73 trans am.this was before they were repoed.and this was at a trans am show.

had vendors lose parts also.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:21 PM
Suspended

Posted by Bob Hall ; Someone stole a jack and the spare tire out of the trunk. I left the car unattended to go take a leak and I didn't think I'd have to close my trunk for 5 minutes. I didn't discover it until I packed up to go home. What burned burned me the most was the people sitting all around the car with their own cars didn't see anything.

That's why I'm not a car show kind of person. That happened to my Dad at a Pontiac show with his 63 Bonneville. I was looking at vehicles and he stepped away for a few minutes to get out of the sun (Dad was 73 at the time) and when he came back, the jack hook and spare tire cover was gone. A hundred dumbasses sitting and standing around couldn't/didn't see anything. Yeah right.

Old 10-25-2007, 01:37 PM
Senior Chief

Here's the kicker, the spare tire was the donut. They pilfered my 84 Monte SS. I went to a junkyard and pulled what I needed out of another Monte Carlo later on.

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Jeff Gordon Edition
2017 Dodge Challenger SXT Black Top Edition
Old 10-25-2007, 05:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

A friend has a '73 Pro Touring Z-28 and he won some sort of best of trophy at the Houston Autorama. The guy next to him tried to steal it!! Rick had put it on his fold up chair and the next thing you know it's gone. Someone saw it and told Rick what happened......I thought for sure there would be a dead body. Someone had alread stolen one of his 8 balls off his Hillborn.

She woke up sunny side down and I was still thinking I was too proud to flip her over
Old 10-25-2007, 11:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Had someone steal my shifter ball off my Hurst dual gate once years ago. Lazy a$$.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 10-26-2007, 11:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I had 2 valve stem caps taken at a cruise in . Some kid liked them i guess. Thought i could get new ones at carlisle but no, they do not make them for Olds anymore. So i priced those locking ones here in Canada $35.00 for a set of 4 .

If you always do what you always did
You always get what you always got
Old 10-26-2007, 11:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Not off car, but parts for sale on a table while making a run down the track.

Then there was the time a "buddy" sold some of my parts while i was talking to Paul Spotts, and never gave me the $

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 10-26-2007, 07:01 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to roybocat

64 gto hood was stolen

Old 10-26-2007, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Region Warrior
Not off car, but parts for sale on a table while making a run down the track.

Then there was the time a "buddy" sold some of my parts while i was talking to Paul Spotts, and never gave me the $

anyone we know mike?

not a swap meet but i had some joker pull a part off of my cougar at a salvage yard. i just happened to be in the office when he came in to pay for it. he wasn't happy when i made him put it back on the car. yes it was locked up.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 10-27-2007, 04:10 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate`s67gto
I had 2 valve stem caps taken at a cruise in . Some kid liked them i guess. Thought i could get new ones at carlisle but no, they do not make them for Olds anymore. So i priced those locking ones here in Canada $35.00 for a set of 4 .
You can still find them on eBay for about $15 a set. I have several sets for my Oldsmobiles.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nothing at a cruise or show but at a garage sale a lady said she was going to buy a table and chairs. Her kids loaded it as she walked around and when we got busy she jumped in the truck and took off. It was a hour later before we noticed she did not pay. People are something else. I tell myself Karma will get them sooner or later.

Check out my sons blog, www.driftundertheradar.com

Old 11-27-2007, 04:28 PM
Suspended

I had someone steal my two folding chairs right out from in front of my car at a car show while i was gone looking at other cars. nobody saw a thing.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:40 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

1992 or 1993...set up at the Tweeter Center/Great Woods swap meet in Mansfield Mass...had a factory 409 dual quad carb for sale. Person asked for price, I said $100, he offered $85, I said no, (I sell to Chicago Corvette for $100 all the time). Seems at the same time there were these kids, three perhaps, checking out a steering box and making a scene. Have never since found that carb and don't remember selling it, I keep spreadsheets of the stuff. Looking back, I wonder if the kids and the steering box was a diversion while someone else stole the carb. I more or less stopped selling at swap meets about then. The internet is a better place for small stuff now. I've started up again at swap meets but bring only big stuff and junk that I wouldn't miss much if stolen. If someone can run off with a rear end without me seeing it, I guess they deserve it. Hopefully they trip and break a leg or back or something.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I wasnt there but at a cruise show the president went to the stand to annonce the awards. First announcement was HOLY Sh#t somebody is driving off in my 55 Nomad. Several bystanders stopped the felon.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:46 AM

i had some one steal all of my emblems off my IROC z28 camaro in wal-marts parking lot ,

4 in total , 2 in the side, one on the back bumper, and even the one off my dash . what gets me is the car was locked and when i came back all the doors were still locked . i guess he didn't want anyone stealing any of my stuff ,how thoughtful of him.

1963 grand prix , 1966 389, 325hp, auto