Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 01:37 PM

if ron was remotely honest,he would have recieved a new column or a refund.instead,he found one 50.00 cheaper after he purchased one from me than decided he would take a large pair of pliers and bent the coller on the column i sent him so he could say i sent him a bad part.i had to remove a steering wheel prior to packageing the column.if i sent him a bent column,there could not have been a steering wheel on it prior.the box was not damaged.the bends line up perfectly with a large pair of channel lock pliers.if ron wants the column he damaged,all he has to do is pay the shipping and he can have it back.i don't play any scam games with my customers and i am not going to let anybody play any scam games with me.i stand behind my products.i have been selling parts for a while now and i have always done my best to make as many people happy as possible.sometimes my prices are higher than what one of the hobbiest sells them for but i have overhead here.i have to pay my rent on the part cars i have.and joe,if you found an ash tray for half of 60.00 you got a great deal.i would have paid that for it myself cause you bought it way below market value.you got a great deal.i seen one on ebay bring 137.00 and i just sold one on ebay for 126.50.item number:140034297781.and it was the same ash tray i offered you.the only difference,i spent 5 minutes time bead blasting it and repainting it.as for ron,he tried to scam me and i did not fall for it.i work very hard to make a living,i will not tolerate anybody trying to cheat me.i don't cheat anybody and i don't expect my customers to try to cheat me.also,he is saying bill edmunds sold him a bad column also.i know bill and i know that he would never sell a part knowing it was damaged.bill is one of the most honest part venders out there and i have done business with him.i have never had any problems.i know bill works very hard to make his customers happy and i would recommend him to anybody.

Last edited by 69FIREBIRDMAN; 10-02-2006 at 01:52 PM.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68coupe
My mistakes were being too trustworthy and not requesting pics of items before purchasing them:mad:

The results were devastating to say the least!

The fact is Terry Ritter,aka Backyard Parts, sold me a rusty, bent up piece of crap of a steering column for $170 and will not refund my money!....A legitimate business will include a sales receipt with the merchandise which I never received and which leads me to believe he is not declaring this as income to the IRS!....I usually keep my receipts for tax purposes.

The fact is Bill Edmunds, aka Early Birds, sold me a stripped up, useless steering column for $125 and refuses to give me a decent steering shaft to fix it!.....Again, a legitimate business will include a sales receipt which I never received, for tax purposes!

To you Poncho dudes who dealt with Ritter and Edmunds in the past with good results, I say good for you!;) ......I'm just giving a heads up to the guys who never dealt with them......All I'm saying is be very cautious and ask for pictures of the items before purchasing them and inquire about their refund or return policy and ask for a sales receipt.....:cool: :clap2:
was thinking about this during the morning , and what strikes me as strange is Rons comment "
Quote:
Again, a legitimate business will include a sales receipt which I never received, for tax purposes!
Not sure who needs the receipt for tax purposes,,
1) Ron? If so , there`s no tax deduction for hobby items...
2) the "other party" ? if so, PayPal gives you receipts as buyer and seller ,

....You just have to print them out...;)

http://FirstGenFirebird.org/show/closeup.mv?CarID=221

breathe and enjoy it , life is temporary

69 Firebird convertible
71 Triumph TR6
Old 10-02-2006, 02:03 PM
Suspended

Perhaps my words "ruffled a few feathers" and got me banned from Vikki and Geoff's site!.....THIS IS NOT THE ISSUE NOR IS MY CREDIBILITY ON THIS SITE!.....I never realized those sites were "G" rated!.....I'm more of a "R" rated type of dude!......Anyway, that's just fantasy!:D .....Who really cares!.....Did anyone ever go to jail for being banned from a couple of "G" rated Poncho web sites!:D .....Like I said earlier, the issue is being ripped off, NOT being booted!......Did anyone who purchased from these guys ever receive a sales receipt?....Because a legitimate business will give you a sales receipt unless they're trying to avoid paying taxes to the IRS.....I never received a receipt and this is what I added in my internet fraud complaint to the FTC and also my complaint to the IRS......Will keep you guys posted

And Vikki....I'm sorry if I offended you again as I was really pissed off at the time:mad: .....And I still love you!.....You really didn't have to ban me though for the Ritter/Steering column incident.....I believe I was behaving like a nice "G" rated person should on your site:D .....Can I still email you as I have a question on my Firebird.....:beerchug:

Old 10-02-2006, 02:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Perhaps my words "ruffled a few feathers" and got me banned from Vikki and Geoff's site!.....THIS IS NOT THE ISSUE NOR IS MY CREDIBILITY ON THIS SITE!.....I never realized those sites were "G" rated!.....I'm more of a "R" rated type of dude!......Anyway, that's just fantasy!:D .....Who really cares!.....Did anyone ever go to jail for being banned from a couple of "G" rated Poncho web sites!:D .....Like I said earlier, the issue is being ripped off, NOT being booted!......Did anyone who purchased from these guys ever receive a sales receipt?....Because a legitimate business will give you a sales receipt unless they're trying to avoid paying taxes to the IRS.....I never received a receipt and this is what I added in my internet fraud complaint to the FTC and also my complaint to the IRS......Will keep you guys posted

And Vikki....I'm sorry if I offended you again as I was really pissed off at the time:mad: .....And I still love you!.....You really didn't have to ban me though for the Ritter/Steering column incident.....I believe I was behaving like a nice "G" rated person should on your site:D .....Can I still email you as I have a question on my Firebird.....:beerchug:
who needs the receipt for tax purposes,,
1) Ron? If so , there`s no tax deduction for hobby items...
2) the "other party" ? if so, PayPal GIVES YOU RECEIPTS as buyer and seller ,

....You just have to print them out...;)

69 Firebird convertible
71 Triumph TR6
Old 10-02-2006, 02:18 PM

Yes, you may email questions. And yes, every PayPal transaction generates a receipt. I receive a receipt online for each transaction.

Old 10-02-2006, 02:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Perhaps my words "ruffled a few feathers" and got me banned from Vikki and Geoff's site!.....THIS IS NOT THE ISSUE NOR IS MY CREDIBILITY ON THIS SITE!.....I never realized those sites were "G" rated!.....I'm more of a "R" rated type of dude!......Anyway, that's just fantasy!:D .....Who really cares!.....Did anyone ever go to jail for being banned from a couple of "G" rated Poncho web sites!:D .....
:beerchug:
thats not quite the truth either....
"I never realized those sites were "G" rated!....."

You were warned several times and banned several times ,but kept coming back under new "aliases" and starting fights with many people...we kept banning you b/c under every alias you went "bad"...and You were even allowed back as You promosed Geoff to behave, BUT it didnt last long...

so as you state above " your credibilty"...is on the line!

69 Firebird convertible
71 Triumph TR6
Old 10-02-2006, 02:43 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69FIREBIRDMAN
if ron was remotely honest,he would have recieved a new column or a refund.instead,he found one 50.00 cheaper after he purchased one from me than decided he would take a large pair of pliers and bent the coller on the column i sent him so he could say i sent him a bad part.i had to remove a steering wheel prior to packageing the column.if i sent him a bent column,there could not have been a steering wheel on it prior.the box was not damaged.the bends line up perfectly with a large pair of channel lock pliers.if ron wants the column he damaged,all he has to do is pay the shipping and he can have it back.i don't play any scam games with my customers and i am not going to let anybody play any scam games with me.i stand behind my products.i have been selling parts for a while now and i have always done my best to make as many people happy as possible.sometimes my prices are higher than what one of the hobbiest sells them for but i have overhead here.i have to pay my rent on the part cars i have.and joe,if you found an ash tray for half of 60.00 you got a great deal.i would have paid that for it myself cause you bought it way below market value.you got a great deal.i seen one on ebay bring 137.00 and i just sold one on ebay for 126.50.item number:140034297781.and it was the same ash tray i offered you.the only difference,i spent 5 minutes time bead blasting it and repainting it.as for ron,he tried to scam me and i did not fall for it.i work very hard to make a living,i will not tolerate anybody trying to cheat me.i don't cheat anybody and i don't expect my customers to try to cheat me.also,he is saying bill edmunds sold him a bad column also.i know bill and i know that he would never sell a part knowing it was damaged.bill is one of the most honest part venders out there and i have done business with him.i have never had any problems.i know bill works very hard to make his customers happy and i would recommend him to anybody.
:confused:

Old 10-02-2006, 03:07 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorn
thats not quite the truth either....
"I never realized those sites were "G" rated!....."

You were warned several times and banned several times ,but kept coming back under new "aliases" and starting fights with many people...we kept banning you b/c under every alias you went "bad"...and You were even allowed back as You promosed Geoff to behave, BUT it didnt last long...

so as you state above " your credibilty"...is on the line!
Bjorn....You silly billy!:D .....Does it really matter?:D .....Life goes on!:D

Old 10-02-2006, 03:26 PM

all i have left to say is.ron,if you ever need another part,please don't call me.and i am shur bill edmunds feels the same way.

Old 10-02-2006, 03:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

'Silly' is taking a pair of pliers to a part just so you can send it back. What's up with that, Dude? You crossed the line when you ruined that good column.

Old 10-02-2006, 05:19 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69FIREBIRDMAN
all i have left to say is.ron,if you ever need another part,please don't call me.and i am shur bill edmunds feels the same way.
You won't have to worry about that happening as I learned not to deal with internet frauds and liars like yourself!.....I imagine all your used parts are crappy, useless junk!.....That's why you have no pics to show!.....Your hole in the wall business should have been called Terry Ritter's "Junkyard Parts" instead of Backyard Parts because that's all you sell!.....PayPal made note of this incident and suggested I file an internet fraud complaint with the FTC against you and your little junk yard!:fencing:

Old 10-02-2006, 05:30 PM

I've been selling good used, new, and reproduction 67-69 Firebird parts for about 18 years now. I have never, ever, had a problem with a single customer until Ron. I have made an occasional mistake by sending someone a LH part instead of a RH part and have always made it right. I may have even sold a person a part that they were not totally satisfied with and have always made it right. I have done business this way for several reasons. First, I would want to be treated the same way. Second, I believe that what goes around comes around. Third, I am amongst a group of people that I will probably always be around and I would never think of doing my brothers and sisters wrong. That would certainly come back to haunt me, don't you think Ron? Forth, when you do people wrong and do the wrong thing, it is difficult to sleep at night and I hate that. Fifth, it's just the right thing to do. There is nothing gained by trying to scam people that you plan on being around and doing business with and being friends with for a very long time. There are more reasons but I think you get the point.

At first I didn't really see the need to defend myself here because I think Ron has said enough to show who and what he is. I've also seen where some people have already defended me. And I sincerely thank you guys for doing that, it means a lot to me. But I do care a lot about all of you and need to straigten some things out where Ron and this whole steering column goes.

First let me address the $25 shipping charge. Yes, I did quote Ron $25 for shipping. I did that by going to the USPS website, plugging in the shipping to and shipping from address, adding the estimated weight, etc. It said that the shipping should be around $25 so that is what I quoted. When I got to the post office they said it came to $14. They thought it was a mistake and weighed it a few more times, coming up with the same dollar amount. So $14 it was. Ron complained and I explained all of this to him. I also mentioned that I went 14 miles, at $3 per gallon for gas to pick up a $4 box and brought it home. I packaged up the column and drove another 12 miles to the post office, at $3 per gallon for gas. So, as you can see, I had way more than $14 in this. But, I offered Ron some of his postage money back. He said no. I guess Ron forgot to mention this.

As for the column, I'll make this as short as I can. I sent him a good working column, everything in tact. I had to take the steering wheel off first though. After I took the nut off the end of the shaft and pulled the steering wheel, I put the nut back on with my finger so that Ron would have it. I also checked the turn signal switch to make sure that it stayed to the right and to the left when applying the turn signal lever.

Oh, and did I mention that Ron had me send it second day? Probably why the post office wondered why it was only showing $14. They knew it probably was not correct but that is what there machine said.

Anyway, Ron called complaining that the first 3 threads on the shaft were worn, the turn signal switch did not work, and that the bearings fell out of the column. I explained to him that I knew the threads had to be good because I took the wheel off which meant that I pulled the nut off, and that I put it back on with my fingers. I asked him if the nut was on when he got it from me and he said YES. That is when I first had questions in my mind about what he had done to the column. Then he confessed that the bearings fell out because he took the complete column apart. Then he explained that the turn signal switch worked now but that there was a crack where the turn signal lever attaches. He said that it did actually work, but for how long? I said I had no idea how long it would work, it is a used part which is almost 30 years old and that he paid $100 for all of it.

But, giving him the benefit of the doubt I had him send me back the shaft, turn signal switch and bearings so that I could take a look at them. When I got everything back, the threads on the shaft were cross threaded all the way down to the very last thread. The bearing were all scattered in a plastic bag, the plastic housing that goes around the bearing was in tact. The turn signal switch had been stripped, meaning that all of the wiring and metal pieces had been taken off.

I spoke to Ron on the phone and by email and mentioned all of this, especially the cross threaded shaft. He agreed that he possibly cross threaded it when trying to put his wheel on. I agreed to send him back his loose bearings and turn signal switch so that he could put it back in his column and use it until it failed, which could be another 30 years. I also told him that I had pieces of a column apart in my garage but I could not find the shaft. I told him that I thought it had to be in the garage somewhere since the rest of it was there and that I would look for it and send it to him if I could find it. But, that I was not going to take another good column apart just to send him a replacement shaft that he ruined himself.

Now, the guys who have been to my house know that I am in a wheelchair and have a great deal of parts and cars laying around. As organized as it may be it is still difficult for me to get to every single inch without help. Bottom line is that I have not found the eluding shaft yet but have continued to look, until now.

Funny thing is that Ron has not been nasting to me by phone or by email and I was still looking for a shaft for him. Guess what Ron, I am not going to look anymore since you feel the need to be two faced and say nasty things about me, and about Terry.

Ron, if you think anything I have said here is not correct, I have the emails from you still and will post them if I need to prove it. But, I don't think that will be necessary. You have spoken enough to show your true colors. Past experience proves who you are and what you are all about. They also prove who Terry is and what he is all about. Same goes for me and what I am all about.

Let me say this about Terry. I deal with him all the time and talk to him often as well. We trade parts and find parts for each other or for people who are looking for them. Terry is an honest guy and would not do anyone wrong. He is trying to make an honest living and does not deserve the things you have said about him. I wonder if Ron is man enough to apologize.

As for the receipt. Ron, you never asked for a receipt but you wrote me a check. Last I checked, that cancelled check is a perfect receipt. Probably better proof of a purchase than any receipt I could give you. But, I will give you one if you want.

Okay, I'm tired of typing and think I have covered everything I need to cover. If anyone has any questions or concerns please call me or email me. I'll follow this thread for awhile and see what happens and I will respond if I think I need to or if anyone else thinks I need to say anything else. What I have written is really for the benefit of those who have not had the chance to know Ron, Terry, or myself before now. Now you know the rest of the story.

Bill Edmunds
EarlyBrds@aol.com
Firebird Bill
Wheelchair Bill
614-837-6579

Last edited by Bill Edmunds; 10-02-2006 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
You won't have to worry about that happening as I learned not to deal with internet frauds and liars like yourself!.....I imagine all your used parts are crappy, useless junk!.....That's why you have no pics to show!.....Your hole in the wall business should have been called Terry Ritter's "Junkyard Parts" instead of Backyard Parts because that's all you sell!.....PayPal made note of this incident and suggested I file an internet fraud complaint with the FTC against you and your little junk yard!:fencing:
imagination...imagination....my car looks pretty decent and I have several parts from Terry and Bill on it........guess Paypal or FTC has to decide whether there`s a fraud or fraudulent fraud charge....the latter is not a good one either...:argue:

69 Firebird convertible
71 Triumph TR6
Old 10-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Very Well stated Bill, the story ,the whole story , and nothing but the story...explains what went on....

69 Firebird convertible
71 Triumph TR6
Old 10-02-2006, 09:30 PM
Suspended

I can't believe I generated over 600 views!:beerchug: ......That is way more than I ever expected!......It's cool though because now a big percentage of viewers can decide for themselves if they want to take the chance and deal with the small guy selling parts out of his garage or backyard with NO GUARANTEE! or sticking with big, well known companies!.....I believe the small junkyard vendors should only peddle their stuff to friends they personally know because they would never rip off friends!:mad: ......But if you must deal with them just remember to ASK FOR PICS before purchasing and INQUIRE ABOUT THEIR REFUND OR RETURN POLICY and also remember PayPal cannot reverse the transaction if it's not an eBay item!......BUYER BEWARE!;) :beerchug:

Old 10-02-2006, 09:39 PM

glad to see you got the attention you have never recieved as a child ron.now go finish that case of beer and go away

Old 10-02-2006, 09:54 PM
Suspended

You're just pissed because hopefully no one will buy your junk parts and you will be out of business!:mad: .....Now go back to that other pontiac forum and peddle your junk to your friends over there!:beerchug:

Old 10-02-2006, 10:18 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I don't believe Terry and Bill have anything to fear when their customers read all the posts here. :D

Old 10-02-2006, 10:52 PM

Ron, I offered you pictures, but maybe you don't remember that. I also guaranteed what I sold you which is why I had you send the bad parts back to me to look at. It was only after I/you discovered that you were the one that damaged them that you didn't get free ones in return. Heck, I was even going to be a nice guy and send you another shaft if I could find it, until you started running your mouth here. Now I've stopped looking for it.

Last week you told me that you had taken the column that I sold you, took it all apart, painted it, put it back together, and now it looks brand new. Do you remember telling me that? Now you act like you have nothing at all. Which is the truth? And how do you have a column all together looking like new if you don't have a good shaft? Where did it come from? I'm getting more confused the more I think about the things that you have said.

One last thing and I'll leave you to talk all you want. You are on a Performance Years site, you know that right? Do you know that they sell some of my products? Maybe you should be more careful about running your mouth before you insult more people. Just some food for thought. You just might be insulting more people than you think.

Bill Edmunds
EarlyBrds@aol.com

Last edited by Bill Edmunds; 10-02-2006 at 11:27 PM.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:50 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I'm glad I don't sell 1st Gen parts and have to put up with Aholes like Ron.....but I would deal with Tery and Bill with no problems. I'm glad I viewed this thread so as to never deal with Ron. Thanks Ron for the heads up.

She woke up sunny side down and I was still thinking I was too proud to flip her over
Closed Thread