Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:34 PM
Senior Chief

Default PY Disappointment

I needed new convertible top weatherstrip. Since I frequent this website and benefit from the Forums, I decided to order from PY even though that 3 letter competitor is just a short drive from home. When the weatherstrip arrived, I compared it to the original pieces that I removed from my convertible top frame. The rear pieces were not close to matching my originals. The curvature was off so much that I took pictures and included them in the return package. Please note that convertible top weatherstrip has a steel insert so it doesn't just conform to any curvature like other weatherstrip on the car. So I call PY and get the return authorization number and send the item and pictures back. When the credit shows up, it's about $19 less than the price of the item. When you add in the initial shipping charge of about $15 and the return shipping cost of about $12, I'm out $46 !!! And it's not like I had the parts for months. Total turnaround time from placement of order to parts back at PY was just 8 days. And I never even installed the parts. This is evidenced by the mold flash still present in many of the slots. I called PY to inquire about the $19 and my having to fund the complete return shipping cost. The person who I spoke to said I had to talk to someone else and I was transferred to their line, but they were not there and I got the answering machine. I left a courtesy message, but no one ever got back to me. I really do want to support PY, but I can't be taking a $46 risk every time I need a part. Thanks for letting me explain my recent issue.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm sure Ccass, the owner of PY, will respond here in a timely manner. I've known him for over 30 years and he doesn't do business this way.

BTW, the weatherstripping you will get from the competitor will be exactly the same as they both sell from the same supplier. They do not manufacture their own weatherstripping. Sounds like a mix up to me.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 08-08-2014, 10:19 AM
Pypes Staff - Tech

Hello mgoblue. I am sorry you were unsatisfied with the weather-strip you received.

Please share with us a little more detail... Year & model of your car, part number, and maybe customer number so we can address this matter.

Looking forward to your response.

Mike

Old 08-08-2014, 03:37 PM
Senior Chief

Hi Mike, thanks for the quick resonse. The car is a 1969 Firebird convertible. The part number is RFC39. I don't know my customer number. I'll see if I can find it whn I get home tonight. Thanks again, Mark

Old 08-16-2014, 11:52 AM
Senior Chief

My customer number is KLAN01. Thanks, Mark

Old 08-21-2014, 12:31 PM
Pypes Staff - Tech

Hi Mark. We use Metro Mold for this w/s. I just spoke to the product developer of this part and he is very interested in what exactly is the problem. He will be e-mailing you questions. Please give him a detailed description of your fitment issue. As far as the other issue, I am working on resolving this for you. Thx... GP Mike

Old 08-21-2014, 06:52 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks Mike. I'll be glad to assist Metro Mold to improve the product.

Old 08-23-2014, 12:44 PM
Pypes Staff - Tech

Hi Mark. Check your credit card in a few days... we refunded you the restocking fee plus the initial shipping charge. Unfortunately, I could not refund you your shipping cost for the parts back to us. Next time you have any issues no matter what it is... please give us a call first so we can figure out what the problem is. Our technical staff is very thorough and can figure out what we can do. Like I did for you... I called the mfg to see if there any issues. I could have had the mfg compare pictures from you and they could have possibly picked them directly up from you so you wouldn't to put any money out. Take care... GP Mike

Old 08-23-2014, 04:02 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks Mike! I really appreciate everything you did for me. And I'll definitely contact your technical staff first if I have any future product issues. I didn't realize PY would go so far as to contact the manufacturer. Awesome service! Thanks again, Mark

Old 09-23-2014, 07:18 PM
Senior Chief

Hi Mike, can you check on the refund? I have not seen anything on my credit card. Thanks, Mark

Old 09-24-2014, 08:12 AM
Pypes Staff - Tech

PM sent.

Old 11-16-2014, 10:37 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks. I received the refund some time ago, just now getting around to close the loop. Thank you very much.

Old 11-16-2014, 11:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

is that CUSTOMER SERVICE OR WHAT?

Old 11-27-2014, 11:19 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I said "Or What" and went on to explain why I said that and the powers at PY deleted my post. Anyone read this and agree with my comment?
Gary

Old 11-28-2014, 10:00 PM
Administrator

This forum is setup for a customer to "Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to a PY service or product." It's not here for bystanders to participate in analyzing and critiquing mostly because most people feel it is rude. The fact that the customer took the time to come back to an old topic and say 'thank you very much' pretty much strongly infers that the customer felt he got some level of 'good service'. Additionally, from a practical standpoint, bystanders are highly discouraged in making negative comments in this forum because they would have no way of knowing what communication transpired between the customer and PY privately. Which appears to be the case here.

In the future, If you feel the need to help or defend a customer, just shoot him a pm or e-mail with your advice.